• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Knee injury/knee brace question

hrjp0318

Inactive
Reaction score
I dislocated my knee about six years ago. It did not require surgery. Since then I've run up to 10 km, stood all day, hiked and walked long distances, etc.. On a recent trip, however, it started acting up, so I bought a knee brace which I wore for about a week. My knee has since been fine.

Would this knee injury preclude me from joining the military even though it has not prevented me from having an active lifestyle? Would a note from my doctor make a difference?
Would I be allowed to bring a knee brace to BMQ just in case? Again, would a doctor's note make a difference?
Would my occupation of choice play into these decisions? For example, I am not interested in infantry.

(Sorry if this is a repeat question. I did a search for "knee injury", but their injuries seemed more serious than mine.)

Thanks in advance...

Good day hrjp0318,

During the application process, our recruiting medical personnel will assess your medical situation. A complete medical examination is necessary when assessing medical fitness for the CAF. This is also important when restrictions may limit the career choices being considered.

If you have specific medical questions you should contact the recruiting centre nearest you and ask to speak with a member of the medical staff directly.

The following link will take you to the contact us section of our website to assist you in contacting your local recruiting centre. http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/contact.page

Back