• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Level of math and Physics

Cabral

Inactive
Reaction score
So I wanted to go for bosn but my recruiter said no they weren't hiring for that so I put my application in for Naval Weapons Technician. Now I do have my math and physics from high school and when I was in college for Electrical Techniques all my Physics test scores were 90% or better. It has been a few years since I have done any physics or math and just wanted to know what level of math and physics to expect from the NWT schooling. Just so I can start studying and refreshing myself on these subjects by doing online workbooks or something.

I tried searching for this but could not find what I was looking for.
Thanks in advance

Well I have been digging around for about an hour and found this on the web:

TERM 1
CMSK 1103 (Introduction to Technical Communication & Computer Applications)
ELTK 1101 (Electrotechnology
ELTR 1103 (Electronic Fabrication Techniques)
MATH 1102 (Pre-Calculus)
MTPR 2103 (Materials & Processes)
PHYS 1100 (Physics)

TERM 2
ELTK 1201 (Electrotechnology)
ELTR 1102 (Basic Electronic Devices)
ELTR 2114 (Electromagnetic Radiation)
FLDS 2100 (Fluid Mechanics)
MATH 1103 (Introduction to Calculus)
MECH 1101 (Mechanics)
MTPR 2101 (Strength of Materials)

TERM 3
CNTL 2108 (Control Devices & Basic Control Theory)
ELTK 2108 (Electrotechnology)
ELTR 2113 (Fibre Optics & Network Cabling)
ELTR 2202 (Analog Transistor Circuits)
FLDS 3100 (Hydraulics & Pneumatics)
MECH 2100 (Machine Design)

TERM 4
CNTL 2203 (Controls)
CPSK 1101 (Computer Operations)
ELTR 2102 (Digital Logic)
ELTR 2110 (Analog Communications)
ELTR 3108 (Microcomputer Interfacing)

TERM 5
CMSK 1202 (Technical Reporting using Computer Applications)
ELTR 2107 (Electronic Troubleshooting)
ELTR 3105 (Pulse & Switching Circuits)
ELTR 3109 (Introduction to Networks)
ELTR 3115 (Electronic Communication - Radar)
ELTR 3208 (Computer Troubleshooting)

Its the course outline for the ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ENGINEERING which is what NWTs take when they go to MI. So I guess I will use this as a starting point for my studies.

*EDIT*
I just came across this    http://www.mi.mun.ca/webcalendar/db/course_descriptions.php
If you want a little bit of information about anyone of the above courses just select the course code from the drop down menu on the right side of that website.

EXAMPLE
For information about the TERM 1  MATH 1102 (Pre-Calculus) course you need to select MATH 1102 from the menu.

I thought this was very helpful and it answered my initial question.

Based on what you have taken in high school and college you should not experience any difficulty with Naval Weapons Technician academic training.

It is a good idea to review the basics if it has been some time since have been in school. The school in Halifax conducts a theshold of knowledge test prior to the start of each QL3 academic serial. This is to determine if you are capable of proceeding. If it is determined that your skill/knowldge is not up to speed you will be loaded on a pre-academic course to provide you with the basics required to start the course.

Ideal education for NWT is "High School Diploma - Academic profile with a strong math background and several sciences in cluding physics

Acceptable - Ontario grade 10 - academic profice with a strong math background and one science (physics preferred where available)

Grade 12 General or GED is NOT acceptable."

Right out of the book!

Good luck

Back