• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistics cap badge meaning

Otis said:
Of COURSE, hence the tongue-firmly-in-cheek reply of mine ...

My bad, missed the tongue in cheek. Must have more.... coffee...

40below said:
Excellent book on logistics is coming out in a week or two:

As anyone in a battle group can tell you, an armoured vehicle without ammunition or diesel is little more than one of the world's most expensive radios.

Getting those commodities to a fighting force in the field -- along with food, water, repair vehicles and the other necessities of life in combat -- is the job of the logistics corps.

A new book by a Royal Military College grad who was in charge of supply for Canada's mission in Afghanistan in 2006 paints a stark picture of the decline of that branch.

Lt.-Col. John Conrad, who graduated from RMC in 1987 and who has had several postings here since, will publish his memoir of the campaign next month.

"Combat logistics is not sexy and it is certainly not overcomplicated, but it will reach out and cut your throat if it is taken for granted in times of war," he writes inWhat The Thunder Said -- Reflections Of A Canadian Officer in Kandahar.

"And cut it did in Afghanistan in the early summer of 2006."

More:

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1583275

I will be on the lookout for this book.  Unless he wrote an earlier one, I have a signed copy of his first book titled Officium Super Omnia - The History of 1 Service Battalion which was written when he was the Unit Historian (and I believe Adjt) in 1993 when the unit celebratied its 25th Anniversary. 

This is my favourite logistics joke at the expense of the Sup Techs:

There has been a major medical breakthrough by the Supply Techs.  They have discovered a cure for AIDS. 
All they did was put a NATO Stock Number on it, now no one can get it.  ;D

I told that joke to my sup tech friend....he was not impressed....lmao!

Aerobicrunner said:
I will be on the lookout for this book.  Unless he wrote an earlier one, I have a signed copy of his first book titled Officium Super Omnia - The History of 1 Service Battalion which was written when he was the Unit Historian (and I believe Adjt) in 1993 when the unit celebratied its 25th Anniversary.

The book is out; I got my copy from Amazon on Friday.  I'm about 80% of the way through - well worth reading.

BlueJingo said:
I told that joke to my sup tech friend....he was not impressed....lmao!

I've been a Bin Rat for 17 years ... both me AND my wife thought it was hilarious!

Otis said:
I've been a Bin Rat for 17 years ... both me AND my wife thought it was hilarious!

I agree it was super funny  ;D I guess i poke too much fun at him and the joke didn't help! HA HA HA  :D

Aerobicrunner said:
This is my favourite logistics joke at the expense of the Sup Techs:

There has been a major medical breakthrough by the Supply Techs.  They have discovered a cure for AIDS. 
All they did was put a NATO Stock Number on it, now no one can get it.  ;D

And often heard (and said too by me) ...

I switch mine up though.

I issued Common Sense a stock number. Now everyone is really really fucked.  ;)

Otis said:
"You can't have that, it's my last one!" (Overheard by me as I shake my head and put my hands over my ears) MCpl Clothing Stores I/C 1996-ish

You obviously don't work here. That would never be said by my MCpl in clothing stores because our cuppboards are bare; we don't have any; never do.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
You obviously don't work here. That would never be said by my MCpl in clothing stores because our cupboards are bare; we don't have any; never do.  >:D

Note the year Vern ... we had stuff then (keeping in mind, this was WAY before ASD and Logistix came into being!)

I just couldn't believe he wouldn't give the guy one because it was the last ... what the hell was he going to do with it on the shelf?

Now of course, no one can get anything unless they work for special projects in Ottawa (like the MWO who was wearing CADPAT lightweight Arid pattern new boots in Borden! (sorry, I'm Navy ... I'm not sure of the official names of the new Army kit you guys will get 30 years from now that the big-wigs have right now)

All kinds of good log stuff here:

http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/logbranch/handbook/index_e.asp

Back