• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

London Underground Explosion 15 Sep 2017

J

jollyjacktar

Perhaps a misfire IED?  Full story, photos and video at link below.

U.K. police respond to fire in London underground, police treating as 'terrorist incident'
18 people taken to hospital, exact cause of fire remains unconfirmed

Thomson Reuters

London's police are treating a fire on an underground train during Friday morning's rush hour as a "terrorist incident." 

London's Metropolitan Police confirm a number of injuries, but say it's too early to determine what caused the fire.

London Ambulance Service says 18 people have been taken to hospital following the fire, adding that none of the patients are thought to be in life-threatening or serious condition. 

Photos taken inside a District Line train show a white plastic bucket inside a supermarket shopping bag. Flames and what appear to be wires can be seen.

A Reuters witness could see six ambulances, fire engines and a helicopter at Parsons Green station in west London where the Metro newspaper reported that passengers had suffered facial burns from a blast and others had been hurt in a subsequent stampede.

"I was on second carriage from the back. I just heard a kind of whoosh. I looked up and saw the whole carriage engulfed in flames making its way towards me," a man who was on the train told Reuters.

Outside the station, a woman was sitting on a pavement with a bandage around her leg while armed police patrolled. A Reuters witness saw a woman being carried off on a stretcher with her legs covered in a foil blanket.

Richard Aylmer-Hall said he saw several people injured, apparently trampled as they fled.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/london-tube-explosion-1.4291153

Update, now police say it was a bomb which didn't function properly and another attack is expected imminently.  A search is on for whomever placed the first device.  Full story, photos etc at story link below.

U.K. raises threat level to 'critical', another attack could be imminent
Search underway after London train bombing that injured 29
The Associated Press

The U.K. government raised their national threat level to "critical" from "severe," which means it expects an attack imminently.

The change follows the explosion of a home-made bomb on a packed London subway train this morning.

British Prime Minister Theresa May says there will be a greater presence of armed police in public places.

Hundreds of London police continued a massive search Friday, racing to find out who placed the bomb during the morning rush hour. The explosion injured 29 people and ignited a panicked stampede to safety.

Witnesses described seeing a "wall of fire" as the bomb — hidden in a plastic bucket inside a supermarket freezer bag — went off about 8:20 a.m. while the train was at the Parsons Green station in southwest London.

It was not a large explosion, and British police and health officials said none of the injured was thought to be seriously hurt. Yet police said it was a terrorist attack, the sixth in Britain this year.

Experts said London may have escaped far worse carnage because it appeared that the bomb only partially exploded.

"Clearly, this was a device that was intended to cause significant harm," U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May said after chairing a meeting of the government's COBRA emergency committee. 

Hours later, the Metropolitan Police force said there had been no arrests, but hundreds of detectives, aided by intelligence agents, were looking at surveillance camera footage in the subway, carrying out forensic work and speaking to witnesses.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/london-tube-explosion-1.4291153

I bet the UK internet police are gearing up to go take down anyone suggesting it could be Islamic terrorists.

If the Lord Mayor of London had his way, no doubt.  That thing doesn't exist in his world.

Attachments

• Parsons Green incident _ The Met.pdf
    268.3 KB · Views: 114
  • ParsonsGreenISISClaim.jpg
    ParsonsGreenISISClaim.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 241
  • DJxsMvKWkAEKCzB.jpg
    DJxsMvKWkAEKCzB.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 266
Is it just me, or does that second diagram look like a ....

mariomike said:
Is it just me, or does that second diagram look like a ....
I don't think it's just you - and I think that's exactly the message meaning to be sent to bad guys  ;D

U.K. police charge 18-year-old with attempted murder in London transit bombing
Ahmed Hassan is accused of planting homemade bomb that partly detonated, wounding 30

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/london-tube-subway-bombing-charge-attempted-murder-1.4301962

Back