• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking to get into armoured

Dlew

Inactive
Reaction score
I want to get into Armoured Reconnaissance. I'm currently in Artillery reserve. Will be doing my basic and SQ in June. My recruiter advises me to do a transfer after I've completed basic and SQ.

I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas to improve my chance at a transfer to Reg Armoured. Maybe courses or something I can take.

Thanks

I would do your BMQ and BMQL before putting in a CT, mainly so when they get your file it will actually have something on it. I am currently an armoured recce reservist and I am waiting to get on a DP1. I have had my CT in since October and the only thing I've heard from it so far is the email of your file that they send you within days of submitting a CT. All you can really do is hurry up and wait.

Depending on the "Ethics" and "Morals" of your current unit, it may be wise not to apply for a CT until such time as you have completed both BMQ and BMQ (L).  Another point being, if you fail either crse, you may not be allowed a CT.  I know of a unit in Ottawa, with the initials of CH of O, that did not Crse Load a member onto their BMQ (L) because that member had put in a VOT to another Trade, still remaining in the Reserves.  This reflects poorly on that unit, and has had serious consequences for the member.

Ya I agree I was going to wait until I was done my BMQ and SQ in the summer before I put it in. I don't want this to reflect poorly on my unit or myself. So would a more proper thing being to switch to an armoured reserve after BMQ and then take it from there.

P.S The reason I didn't just go straight armoured to begin with is that the closest place is 3hrs away and it just wasn't possible at the time of putting my papers last summer.

Thanks for the replies

If you want to go Reg Force Armour Crewman - just do it!

Regards

Getting your BMQ and SQ are certainly priorities, and your DP1 would certainly make you even more an asset. I put in a CT to armour a year and a half ago, and just recently had my interview. I'm going on my DP1 infantry this summer until it happens, as this whole thing might fall apart on me anyways, so I might as well get as qualified as I can. I'd recommend the same thing to you.

Best of luck  :)

Dlew said:
I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas to improve my chance at a transfer to Reg Armoured.

Complete blind guess on my part, but...putting in a Component Transfer to Reg Frce Crewmen might improve your chance to component transfer to Reg Force Crewmen.

But that is just a wild guess...

Back