• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M*A*S*H star Allan Arbus dead at 95

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Article Link

Allan Arbus, who played psychiatrist Maj. Sidney Freedman on "M*A*S*H," died Friday at home in Los Angeles, his daughter Amy confirmed to The New York Times. He was 95.

Abrus, who had served as a military photography in the Army and ran a fashion photography business before becoming an actor, was so convincing in his role as Maj. Freedman, that co-star Alan Alda often found himself opening up to Arbus.

"I was so convinced that he was a psychiatrist I used to sit and talk with him between scenes," Alda said in an interview with the Archive of American Television. "After a couple months of that I noticed he was giving me these strange looks, like 'How would I know the answer to that?'"

More at link

A sad day indeed.  We've been losing a lot of good people this last while, haven't we?

Hope you can finally pass on that letter to Dr. Freud, Sid!  :salute:

Fred Herriot said:
Hope you can finally pass on that letter to Dr. Freud, Sid!
:cheers:    Thanks for that chuckle and memory Fred

And the words of Sidney Freedman as quoted by a real military psychiatrist who was lecturing us on a course years ago.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Back