• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mailing in Med Form

AWOL

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I completed my interview,medical and fitness test all yesterday, So i found out that i did actually quite well on my CFAT which was a major relief, as well as a suprise. I passed the interview and fitness with ease, but, like so many, the medical brought up something. I put up a recent post about my knee (Osgood schlatter disease) but was told it fine, however the doc said he could hear "significant wheezing on both the inhalation and exhalation." He then gave me a form for my family doc to fill out. When i went to get reimbursed the NCM said it would take 3 weeks for them to mail it to Ottawa, then i would get sworn in late Sept and start BMQ in October.
So i went to my doc today.

doc says: "Wheezing?, how long have you been wheezing?"
me:"I wasn't self aware that i was wheezing"
doc:"Do you have/ recently had chronic cough"
me: "You mean coughing without a cold? No."

He checks my chest and back with stethoscope for 1 min.

doc: "There's no wheezing!"
That just cost me 10$, so i mailed the letter today as well.

Now since I've posted before, I know, I'm not asking wether anybody here thinks either doc is wrong. My question is: if one doc says one thing, then i send a letter in saying the exact opposite isn't that going to.... um mm ...set some alarms off?

Sorry i know this question belongs somewhere else but, does that 3 weeks involve Ottawa processing it? or will it take longer? Especially because of the conflicting medical reports?

AWOL said:
My question is: if one doc says one thing, then i send a letter in saying the exact opposite isn't that going to.... um mm ...set some alarms off?

Sorry i know this question belongs somewhere else but, does that 3 weeks involve Ottawa processing it? or will it take longer? Especially because of the conflicting medical reports?

I can't directly answer your question but I went through the same process as well.  I had to go to my family doc for a 2nd check and a lot of stuff.  After submitting the medical records it took less than 3 weeks.  But again it all depends on your whole medical records.  Good luck.  ;)

Back