• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Med forms and how to send them in

slingknees

Reaction score
I've completed pretty much everything about the recruiting process except I have these med forms I need to get back to the med tech who saw me back in the spring. I'm worried about just sticking these forms in the mail for a couple reasons- first, my doctor filled out the forms and sent them back as a JPEG (pic. not scanned) and I think the quality will be crap if I print them, and second, the med tech's regiment is very far from the one I'm applying to, and when these forms showed up at MY door, they had gotten soaked in the rain due to Canada Post not giving a damn. I'd rather get them to the med tech as quickly and directly as possible, but emails have gone unanswered and the medic is only at the armoury for a fraction of the week. I want to make sure these forms get where they need to go and don't take forever doing so- is there anything my recruiter can do to help me along with this? It's been a long enough process already and I'd like to get the ball rolling here.
Thanks all!

I've completed pretty much everything about the recruiting process except I have these med forms I need to get back to the med tech who saw me back in the spring. I'm worried about just sticking these forms in the mail for a couple reasons- first, my doctor filled out the forms and sent them back as a JPEG (pic. not scanned) and I think the quality will be crap if I print them, and second, the med tech's regiment is very far from the one I'm applying to, and when these forms showed up at MY door, they had gotten soaked in the rain due to Canada Post not giving a damn. I'd rather get them to the med tech as quickly and directly as possible, but emails have gone unanswered and the medic is only at the armoury for a fraction of the week. I want to make sure these forms get where they need to go and don't take forever doing so- is there anything my recruiter can do to help me along with this? It's been a long enough process already and I'd like to get the ball rolling here.
Thanks all!

Add a covering letter/note "paper clipped" to the forms with the exact explanation you gave above why the quality of the forms and your physician's response look like "crap". Even if the doctor's jpeg looks like crap, can his response be read? Print it out as an example to see. If the recruiting centre think the quality is unacceptable, they will (should) get back to you. The longer you sit around waiting for a response increases any delay. The "medic" at the recruiting centre is not the final destination; he will be sending your file to Ottawa. If sending by Canada Post, send registered.

An additional point.

Before you send it in, make a copy of everything including your "crap explanation note". When you send it registered you have an official record of the date sent.

An additional point.

Before you send it in, make a copy of everything including your "crap explanation note". When you send it registered you have an official record of the date sent.
Great advice, exactly the sort of in-the-system know-how I was looking for, appreciate it.

first, my doctor filled out the forms and sent them back as a JPEG (pic. not scanned)

Is there a reason why you did not collect the original, signed forms from the doctor? The completion of third party reports is common practice for all doctor's offices and policy for such completion has usually been issued by governing medical regulating bodies. Normal practice would be for original signed copy.

Is there a reason why you did not collect the original, signed forms from the doctor? The completion of third party reports is common practice for all doctor's offices and policy for such completion has usually been issued by governing medical regulating bodies. Normal practice would be for original signed copy.
Mostly because the original forms were almost destroyed by the rain when Canada Post left them out to get soaked- I peeled them out and laid them flat to dry before scanning them and sending the scans to be filled out, but they remained pretty fragile even after they dried. Seemed the safer bet -the doctor completing it is also four hours away from me and is a psychologist (psychiatric form), so he's not equipped with a secretary/ doesn't process forms like this all that often.

But why not get my family doctor to do it for me? He retired early in the summer and they sent the heads-up to get transferred to an old address and we missed getting taken over by another doctor. I found out when I called them to get these forms done. So now we're on the waiting list for a new health care provider.

Basically, in what should have been a straightforward process, every step of the way has had some annoying speed bump that has nothing to do with my medical fitness or unfitness, but simply with the papers themselves. I suppose I could copy what my psychologist wrote directly onto the originals I still have, but that seems potentially worse than sending in the forms in the wrong format. All of it has made me gunshy about just sending them off and hoping they get where they're supposed to- maybe I just need to drive to Sault Ste Marie and deliver them by hand for my own peace of mind.

Thanks again for the advice. Reached out to my recruiter too, so we'll see what happens.

An additional point.

Hello everyone ,

I hope everyone is doing great .I have joined here today . Would be seeking guidance from you all in context to recruiting process at Canadian armed forces. I am at very initial stage , have just submitted my application for logistics officer job position and done with 1st medical round wherein questionnaire was given and blood pressure was checked . That’s all . Now last week I have got an email to book a medical assessment. Can anyone please help me what happens at medical assessment and how should I prepare myself for this test ? Need guidance .

Hello everyone ,

I hope everyone is doing great .I have joined here today . Would be seeking guidance from you all in context to recruiting process at Canadian armed forces. I am at very initial stage , have just submitted my application for logistics officer job position and done with 1st medical round wherein questionnaire was given and blood pressure was checked . That’s all . Now last week I have got an email to book a medical assessment. Can anyone please help me what happens at medical assessment and how should I prepare myself for this test ? Need guidance .
They'll let you know what to bring/ how to prepare but it's not a humongous process. They'll take resting heart rate, hearing/ vision, etc. Just don't come in hung over or caffeinated so they can get a good read on you.

They'll let you know what to bring/ how to prepare but it's not a humongous process. They'll take resting heart rate, hearing/ vision, etc. Just don't come in hung over or caffeinated so they can get a good read on you.
Okay thank you . Does this medical assessment includes physical test too ?
And does bit of overweight is an are of concern which can be a reason of disqualify ?

And does bit of overweight is an are of concern which can be a reason of disqualify ?
They will weigh you, measure your height and your waist size and calculate your BMI. They will test your vision using a very similar eye chart that an eye doctor uses. They will check your eyes individually, with and without glasses (if you wear them). They will check your colour vision using the ishihara and farnsworth tests (just google these, there are even versions you can try online for fun). They will check your hearing (and then you will understand all the memes where a service member is sitting in a booth wondering if that was a sound they heard or just their imagination). Then you will see the senior medic and answer a bunch of questions about your family health history and your personal health history. They will check reflexes with a reflex hammer, and check your range of motion by making you touch your toes, duck walk, and maybe do pushups. They may look at any tattoos. That’s about it.

The physical test as in the force test or PT test is done the first week of BMQ for reg force or during recruiting at a separate appointment for reserves.

STOP...OVER...THINKING...THIS. It's like getting a physical from your doctor, though without the jelly finger.

Also, stop asking the same thing in other threads - it's actually a site violation and it's super annoying to answer a question in one place and find it somewhere else the next day.

They will weigh you, measure your height and your waist size and calculate your BMI. They will test your vision using a very similar eye chart that an eye doctor uses. They will check your eyes individually, with and without glasses (if you wear them). They will check your colour vision using the ishihara and farnsworth tests (just google these, there are even versions you can try online for fun). They will check your hearing (and then you will understand all the memes where a service member is sitting in a booth wondering if that was a sound they heard or just their imagination). Then you will see the senior medic and answer a bunch of questions about your family health history and your personal health history. They will check reflexes with a reflex hammer, and check your range of motion by making you touch your toes, duck walk, and maybe do pushups. They may look at any tattoos. That’s about it.

The physical test as in the force test or PT test is done the first week of BMQ for reg force or during recruiting at a separate appointment for reserves.
Thank you very much for such a detailed answer to my query . Appreciate your effort !

STOP...OVER...THINKING...THIS. It's like getting a physical from your doctor, though without the jelly finger.

Also, stop asking the same thing in other threads - it's actually a site violation and it's super annoying to answer a question in one place and find it somewhere else the next day.
literally this! almost every thread I read about the recruitment process (because I am still going through it myself) has the same or similar questions being asked by this Rudra person! If a question is asked and answered, then it is answered. If you don't like the answer, then you're SOL because it's been answered. you could try to ask it another way but typically if it has been answered once then it's been answered.

literally this! almost every thread I read about the recruitment process (because I am still going through it myself) has the same or similar questions being asked by this Rudra person! If a question is asked and answered, then it is answered. If you don't like the answer, then you're SOL because it's been answered. you could try to ask it another way but typically if it has been answered once then it's been answered.
You now know why I tend to stay out of these forums now...

Back