• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Release

Sapper Speedo

Inactive
Reaction score
I may be diagnosed with hypothyroidism after my next blood test.  Will I be medically released if diagnosed?

Unlikely, but only your MO can give you a better answer.

If it's any reassurance, I was diagnosed with it last year.  My doctor didn't even bat an eye.  However, my case was easily treated with the standard med.  All conditions have their extremes.  But I am constantly meeting other CF pers in the same boat.

Good luck!  If it is an issue for you, you'll be amazed how much better you will feel once your hormone levels are balanced.

At one time you may have been released but as another individual indicated they have been diagnosed and they are still in.  Every case is looked at on a case by case basis and in the last several years this condition has received outcomes more favourable to the serving member.  But as each case is different there is n guarantee that you will not be released.

Having said that the release process is long and drawn out and you will have opportunities to present your case.

Back