• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Messed up regiments name in my initial email. How screwed am I?

mahagar

Reaction score
So long story short, I am interested in joining reserves and looked up all the units around me. After a few days day of reading up on them, the roles available within them and checking which ones are in a commutable distance I finally decided to reach out to the one I liked the most. And like an idiot I messed up their regiment name completely, I got it twisted from all the information I read before that. I do realize its an embarrassing mistake to make on initial reach out but well.. cant take it back. Basically I would like to know how likely it is that I just closed my door right there because of that?

OMG! Did you commit the unpardonable sin of using a lower case "t", when their name begins with and includes "The"? There's some who get their panties in a twist for that.

For the OP, that's sarcasm (that regiment knows who they are). What you did, not a big deal. It will become an amusing anecdote for you, when you are interviewed. For the interviewer, it will be "what's he talking about".

haha I hope you're right. If I only get teased for it I guess its sort of deserved, should have paid more of an attention. It's just in my experience, in civilian world most of the recruiters would not even bother replying if they saw a candidate messed up their company's name so Im just wondering how much frowned upon it is in military

So long story short, I am interested in joining reserves and looked up all the units around me. After a few days day of reading up on them, the roles available within them and checking which ones are in a commutable distance I finally decided to reach out to the one I liked the most. And like an idiot I messed up their regiment name completely, I got it twisted from all the information I read before that. I do realize its an embarrassing mistake to make on initial reach out but well.. cant take it back. Basically I would like to know how likely it is that I just closed my door right there because of that?

Which regiment?

Depending, they might have more to be embarrassed about than you ;)

. . . in civilian world most of the recruiters would not even bother replying . . .

I would be more concerned about not receiving a reply because the unit recruiter is only part-time and hasn't seen your email, or it got accidentally deleted, or the individual who is responsible for checking that account is away on leave, or on course or is off doing another job. This is the government, they don't get to (legally) ignore you because of a faux pas. You aren't "entitled" to becoming a member of the CF, you have to meet standards, but getting their name right in an informal email isn't one of the standards you have to meet as an applicant. Sending off a single email and depending on that as the sole foray into getting recruited is ludicrous. Hopefully you are following up that initial contact with calls to the unit and, more importantly, contacting the recruiting centre who will be processing the enrolment.

yeah from what I have read on the forums so far I got the same impression that getting the answer is a hassle so I will be definitely following up on it if I dont get a reply in a week or so

Back