• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mil Spex vs Canadian Peacekeeper...

chrisf

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone know what, if any, is the relation between Mil Spex and Canadian Peace Keeper? They seem to manufacture some of the same products (I bought a watch band today with a Mil Spex tag on it, but it‘s virtually the same as the Canadian Peacekeeper watch bands... on the other hand, Mil Spex makes a knock off of the old style of the field message pads, and so does Canadian Peacekeeper... but Mil Spex cocked up the duct-tape hinge, and you can‘t flip the cover the entire way around, whereas Canadian Peacekeeper makes an exceptionally good copy (And if anyone is wondering, no I don‘t bother to buy message pads, a friend of mine who‘s in Cadets asked me to order them when I was making an order from Canadian Peacekeeper.))

I‘m not entirely sure, but from all my years of ordering CPK and Mil-Spec kit and per eff I know that the quality is there for the CPK. Mil-Spec depending on what the item is, quality wise is not that bad, but some Mil-Spec items just are so lacking.

I believe that Mil-Spec copies most of its designs from companies like CPK or other companies not unlike CPK. All in all... I prefer CPK for most of my needs, sometimes Mil-Spec comes out with something that interests me. You usually find Mil-Spec in Base Kit Shops, and at usually a lower price than CPK.

I asked the question to Mark Wheeler of Canadian Peacekeeper a year or so ago : Mil Spex products are manufactured in Asia (probably China).

Back