• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military moving

CLEM512

Inactive
Reaction score
I've decided to leave the shacks, does anyone know or heard that the military will move all the stuff from your previous address to your new one for free.(Before you were in, not from your shacks) The stuff at the previous address just have to be ready to go. Is this true? Right now I'm in Halifax and my stuff is in NB. Also I know this is a stupid question, but would they help or pay for the moving of the stuff out of your shacks? Would they help at all? I've accumulated somethings in my room in A-block right now that'd be hard to move.

CLEM512 said:
I've decided to leave the shacks, does anyone know or heard that the military will move all the stuff from your previous address to your new one for free.(Before you were in, not from your shacks)

We have topics covering CF moves and entitlements.

CLEM512 said:
The stuff at the previous address just have to be ready to go. Is this true?

No.  The Movers must pack it.

CLEM512 said:
...... Also I know this is a stupid question, but would they help or pay for the moving of the stuff out of your shacks? Would they help at all? I've accumulated somethings in my room in A-block right now that'd be hard to move.

No.  You will have to move your own stuff out of the Shack, if they are moving all your stuff down from NB. 

Do up your paperwork (Memo up your Chain of Command) and get the necessary permission to move.  Visit the IRP people and see if you are indeed entitled to any move assistance from them.

George Wallace said:
Do up your paperwork (Memo up your Chain of Command) and get the necessary permission to move.  Visit the IRP people and see if you are indeed entitled to any move assistance from them.

If you've never moved your personal effects at public expense (and that box of stuff from your last course to your current location that you sent by CMTT does NOT count) then you are likely entitled for an "initial move on enrollment."  However, whether IRP or the Orderly Room arranges the move depends on several factors.  Your best bet is to ask your Orderly Room first.  IRP won't even talk to you until the move is approved and you have a move number.

Back