• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mistake on MPRR???

jasonyippy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Today I picked up my MPRR from my unit. But then when I got back I found that under the release information section on my MPRR, it says 5e (irregular enrolment). I obviously have never been released or anything. Is it a mistake, a typo? Thank you.

Suprise! You've been released....

All kidding aside, go see your OR and highlight any errors and have them correct them in Peoplesoft. If they can't fix it, they know who to contact who can.

jasonyippy said:
Hi,

Today I picked up my MPRR from my unit. But then when I got back I found that under the release information section on my MPRR, it says 5e (irregular enrolment). I obviously have never been released or anything. Is it a mistake, a typo? Thank you.

When you picked up your MPRR, did the person who gave it to you not tell you to read it and check for any mistakes and if you find any mark them for correction, providing the correct information, and then to sign and date it?

That is the whole idea behind printing out the MPRR for pers.

And sometimes mistakes no matter how often pointed put are ever corrected. Mine tells me I was a Vehicle Tech and have my QL6B. I have neither and the mistakes are always being pointed out by myself and my immediate supervisor.

Ex-Dragoon said:
And sometimes mistakes no matter how often pointed put are ever corrected. Mine tells me I was a Vehicle Tech and have my QL6B. I have neither and the mistakes are always being pointed out by myself and my immediate supervisor.

Bingo. I've been pointing out the same mistakes for well over ten years and they continue to show up with each new print out. ::)

recceguy said:
Bingo. I've been pointing out the same mistakes for well over ten years and they continue to show up with each new print out. ::)

Write a memo and attach it to the MPRR.  Identify the corrections required.  Inform the clerk in your memo that you will return in two months to ensure the corrections are made.  CC your chain of command.

Two months from now follow up.  If action has not been taken, document that and push the memo one level higher (cc'ing the people who didn't do their job).  People don't like having their bosses made aware that they did not do their job.  They get grumpy, but eventually the job gets done.

dapaterson said:
Write a memo and attach it to the MPRR.  Identify the corrections required.  Inform the clerk in your memo that you will return in two months to ensure the corrections are made.  CC your chain of command.

Two months from now follow up.  If action has not been taken, document that and push the memo one level higher (cc'ing the people who didn't do their job).  People don't like having their bosses made aware that they did not do their job.  They get grumpy, but eventually the job gets done.

Oh, I'm quite aware how to make it go away. If I did though, I wouldn't have anything to bitch about at the yearly AAG. ;D

If your unit is so well run that you need to keep this so you'll have one thing to bitch about, you're doing very well.

(Hypothetically speaking, it's fun for a staff Capt to push things up four levels and have it end up directly in a BGen's hands to resolve.)

This thread prompted me to double-check my MPRR. Naturally, I also discovered an error. Huzzah!

Again, and I think this has been stated in several other posts, anyone who has a DIN access computer can check out what information is contained on their MPRR through EMMA which will reflect what their Operational Readiness status is, as well as several other pay and administrative related matters including posting preferences and merit standing.  This way you can always be on top of what is being reflected in your HRMS records.
Unfortunately, there are many areas in the MPRR that cannot be simply changed or corrected by your Orderly Room.  National Qualifications, Occupational Specialty Specifications, Federal Electoral Districts, Security Clearances are a few of the items that fall into this category. Security clearances which are updated by NDHQ DPM Sec Clr are notoriously out of date and there is not much that can be done (I know, I have tried to get it changed with several unit pers).  Individuals who are missing qualifications should review their pers file with the OR clerk, get copies and submit memo through their C of C to have it forwarded to the applicable training establishment for review and determination whether it will be inserted.  Some qualifications may have changed name, are no longer applicable or may have time expired, and as a result, these courses may not necessarily be inputted into the HRMS or MITE record. 

I'd also suggest keeping a copy of your signed/dated memo to attach to your (anticipated) memo the next time around asking for corrections to the incorrect data.  It's always nice to haul out when someone asks "how come you didn't try to get this changed before?"

My enrolment date has been wrong since 1990 or so, which I've pointed out each year when asked to provide corrections, which then screws up my CD forecast dates, etc. 

As an aside, what is more frustrating is submitting paperwork that then doesn't get entered on PeopleSoft/HRMS and just gets rammed into your Pers File.  I got married June 20th, and submitted all the paperwork that goes along with that.  I had to call a month later to get them to update my NOK info as I noticed it was not updated in EMAA.  Then I had to go up to show them that the NOK info had changed, but the info on Mrs EITS on my MPRR was wrong.  The clerk said "that doesn't make sense, you must not have submitted the proper forms".  After her telling me several times I didn't know what I was talking about, I asked her to get my Pers File and voila!  low and behold, there was all the required documents!  Surprise!! 

Keep copies of all your memo's and requests to change things that are incorrect on your MPRR...they make awesome attachments for your future memos requesting changes to incorrect data.  ;D

Back