• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My friend is an idiot...

Tobin89

Inactive
Reaction score
One day last year i decided i wanted to join the reserves for a challenge and to see what the CF has to offer. Well my bestfriend who lives in Kingston decided he wanted to do the same thing so we both filled out our apps at the same time and handed them in at the same time. Well he gets a call 1 month later to come in for his aptitude testing and all that good stuff for June 28. By this time i hadnt heard anything and was getting quite anxious. Turns out the CFRC never got my application!! How does that happen? I handed it to the recruiting officer at the exact same second my bestfriend did. Anyways i submit another application in July and then finally i hear back from them at the end of September. The recruiting officer tells me to come in to Kingston from Belleville to write my aptitude test, get my medical check, and interview on October 4th. Anyways everything went great and i passed everything with flying colours. They said the reserve unit here in belleville(The Hastings Prince Edward Regiment) would contact me within 3-4 weeks to let me know if they had a spot open. So on that note im still waitng to hear back its only been 2 and a half weeks. Getting back to my friend now, he finally gets a phone call on thursday from the reserve unit there in Kingston telling him they have a spot open and that they want him to come down that night and get sworn in and everything(this was 5 months after he did all his testing at the CFRC). This is the part that really ticks me off, he decides he doesnt want to do the reserves anymore and doesnt show up to the swearing in ceremony and here i am the one who wants this so bad and he just breezes through it all and gets accepted and decides not to go.

anyways thats just my rant thanks for reading

Tobin

Your friend is smart

He decided that it wasn't for him and didn't join.

Better he left now.. than stays in, wastes resources that could
go to another candidate who wants to be in

ya he joined a group of ww2 reanactors (soldaten.ca) which i think is very cool and i encouraged him to do it , i guess im just a little mad at the fact that his process went so much faster and smoother than mine, but hey what can you do. i really want this so im just going to go with the flow

This reminds me of a saying I heard..

"One man's trash is another man's treasure"

Orrrrr something along those lines...

Same thing pretty much happened to me in '81. Myself and my best friend put in our applications. He sails through; but I 'fail' the medical (underweight; don't have that problem now! LOL); different standards at the time. He gets a call to come and swear in, but refuses 'cause now it's not for him (I believe he didn't want to leave home; we were 17 at the time). Anyway, it takes me 5 months to put on 8lbs to make the cut. I swear in and spend the next 24+ years in uniform, just retired, and now have a pension; he's (my ? best friend) still at home, single, an alcoholic and working for his EI. For the lack of a better word, he sarcastically 'ribs' me all the time, saying "making good  cabbage now, sitting home." (Jealous?).( FYI my wife is in the military; one of the reasons I left is because of posting and two young daughters ( 9&12): wanted one of us to be able spend some quality time with them before they are too old.)

Ahhh, what comes around....

Hang in there Bud!

-gerry

Funny that  xo31@711.....

I joined at the same time as a buddy too...

But he went the route of drugs and alcohol... and left prematurely

Though oddly enough he's now a president of a company doing very well...  ;D
(now minus the drugs and alcohol)

and he laughs at me for how little I make  >:( ;)

The irony..  (true story.. I swear.. he was always a very smart guy though!)

Yeah, but hey Padre, makes me wonder, who's the better for their choice?  Is he happier or you?  :salute:

Just my opinion, but I'd rather have have a Janitor who takes care of the armoury / barrecks than a CEO who makes whidgets for the latest toy.

Just my opinion..

-gerry

hey hope you get your call soon:) i just passed all my testing gone reg. force infantry. when i first applied when i was 16 i was going for the hasty p's seens how i was from roslin :) so i'm just waiting for my call now from the hamilton recruiting centre. hope things go faster for ya good luck

Back