• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My new models..

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I just pick them up today at the model show. Great deals down there...

I still got to finsh the U-Boat.. I had a flood with water damage in the basement. So that is more important these days. But it will get done.

Anyways folks.. what do you think?

Pat.. I"ll need your help on the CP-140.. hehe.
And when I seen the Husky.. I had to get it. Very small kit.. but it doesn't matter.
I also score a LAV C2.. Command Post. We have these in Canada right? I"ve only seen the LAV 3 so far.

Regards

Upload04April09059.jpg

Upload04April09060.jpg

Upload04April09063.jpg

Mr Plow said:
I still got to finsh the U-Boat.. I had a flood with water damage in the basement.
Wow, you model-makers are really into detail!  ;D

Those are some pretty nice looking models :) would be interesting to see them completed.

I am trying to convince my mother-in-law to sell me a balsa wood model kit of a Douglas SBD Dauntless

I look forward to seeing the Husky built up - I've never seen anyone build a model of one.

For the P-3, there is a company called Flightdecs, who should be releasing a set of Canadian markings for that kit.

But the LAV C2 we did not use. With some creative cutting and styrene sheet, you could convert it into a Bison. Or, if you have some time (and deep pockets) you can wait out for the Real Models Bison conversion set for the Trumpeter LAV series.

The P-3 has Canadian markings for it. And the LAV.. I will be converting it to a Bison. Even before I read you message. Great minds think a like, eh?

I need to get my hands on the LAV 3..  that's the one I really want to build.
As for the Husky.. it's 1:72. So.. yeh.. I"ve never really built 1:72 armour before. 1:35 I have..

I"m also looking for a 1:72 Sea King to go along my CP-140. Got to keep the theme going. One from 12 Wing and the other from 14 Wing.  ;D

Mr. Plow,
Tom, if Hobby Lobby is still around over on Yonge Street around the Super STore, they might have a revell SeaKing kit.  IIRC they also had some CP 140/141 markings, subdued grey, not colour.  I remember doing a Seaking with Canadian markings about 20 years ago, hush! I don't want to hear it. I think there was also a hobby store in Scotia Square and one at Halifax Shopps.
I used to make scale models B.C., still have some armoured, 4 M113 variants, CF18 with Gulf War markings and USMC LAV variant. I'm now into trying to fly and RC helo...which my wife calls a seaking because of the flying time/maintenance & parts$$.  LOL

Hobby Lobby isn't around anymore. The  other shop at Scotia Mall is now near Spring Garden Rd. I go there to get my paints and that's it. I order my models online due to more selection then the stores.

I must say I love the work you have put into the U-Boat, and am eager to see how these will look as you work on them.

Don't forget about Nautilus on Quinpool (across from Cambodian Tire). Each year at Christmas I too 'revert to my chilhood' (I'm 47) and build a couple airplanes - 1/48 scale. I usually pick them up at the April Shearwater Model Show for the next year. This Christmas Holiday's projects were a Stuka, an Me 109E and a F101 Voodoo (in CF garb) I started 14 years ago!!!!

I just visit them the other day. Pick up some 1:35 British soldiers from Dragon.

Back