• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM to CM recruting process

armyone

Inactive
Reaction score
Applied for a NCM trade, however as my situation changed as time passed by and got new diplomas, I would probably be more interested in CM (officer trade), do we have to do all the process again in this case or only an interview or specific test to the trade ?

Thank you

I changed my trades (including NCM -> Officer -> Back to NCM) multiple times during the application process. I was told I can change all I want as long as I qualify for it and it is before my interview (since the interview is specific to the trade and element).

If you have already done your interview though, I don't know. What I do know is that:

-Your CFAT never expires. There is no reason to ever write it again except if you want to raise your score.

-If I remember correctly, the medical is good for a year, after that, you need to retake it before you can apply again.

Beyond that, you will really need to talk to an actual recruiter, preferably email the one who is handling your current file. This forum is only for recruits and those with high post counts can't even post here (so you will not likely get any advice from veteran members of the CAF here).

armyone said:
Applied for a NCM trade, however as my situation changed as time passed by and got new diplomas, I would probably be more interested in CM (officer trade), do we have to do all the process again in this case or only an interview or specific test to the trade ?

Thank you

There are certain parts of the process which will need to be done again, the interview portion for instance is a definite.

But I'd like to ask what you mean when you say "got new diplomas"?

By new diplomas, I mean I have some education I had not previously and that may help me for officer trade
Thank you

armyone said:
By new diplomas, I mean I have some education I had not previously and that may help me for officer trade
Thank you

You were asked a specific question.  Your reply is just as vague and uninformative as your first statements.

Do you have a university Degree? 

Diplomas mean very little when it comes to applying for a position as an officer in the CAF.  A university Degree is acceptable for application towards becoming an officer candidate. 

Always keep your CAFRC informed as to any changes in your application; which would include any education upgrades, criminal charges, health issues, etc.

Back