• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next AC Op QL3?

Terry1026

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew when the next AC Op QL3 starts. I will be done basic in 11 days. Thank you.

There's a QL3 course starting at CFSACO sometime in August or September, followed by January 2012. I'll get specific dates at work tomorrow.

As promised:

Next QL3 course at CFSACO is 6 Sep - 8 Dec 2011. There is also a BAEQ course running at CFSACO prior to the QL3 from 30 Aug - 2 Sep that you may (probably will) be required to attend. No word on affirmative dates for 2012 courses, but generally there are 3 QL3 courses run per year.

Next QL3 to start is April 23, 2012 for AC Op.  Just thought I would put it out there.

Thanks GMK! I was just about to ask this very question. I'm scheduled to graduate BMQ on May 10, so it looks like I'll miss this one by a couple of weeks.

Do you happen to know where the majority of recruits are sent, while they're waiting to start their QL3? I'm from Ottawa, and hoping for either Trenton or North Bay.

Thanks in advance.

ACOpJ said:
Thanks GMK! I was just about to ask this very question. I'm scheduled to graduate BMQ on May 10, so it looks like I'll miss this one by a couple of weeks.

Do you happen to know where the majority of recruits are sent, while they're waiting to start their QL3? I'm from Ottawa, and hoping for either Trenton or North Bay.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think they send the majority of recruits to any one place. They're usually sent to air bases to get some exposure and where they get sent depends on a number of things. Recruits can and do get sent to Trenton and North Bay, but also other places such as Greenwood, Bagotville, Winnipeg, Moose Jaw, Cold Lake, and Comox, among others.

Do bear in mind that you might get put in Trenton or North Bay for your pre-QL3 time, but you can just as easily get posted across the country after QL3, or vice-versa.

Guy Incognito said:
I don't think they send the majority of recruits to any one place. They're usually sent to air bases to get some exposure and where they get sent depends on a number of things. Recruits can and do get sent to Trenton and North Bay, but also other places such as Greenwood, Bagotville, Winnipeg, Moose Jaw, Cold Lake, and Comox, among others.

Do bear in mind that you might get put in Trenton or North Bay for your pre-QL3 time, but you can just as easily get posted across the country after QL3, or vice-versa.

Thanks Guy Incognito!

I will happily go where ever they send me. However, my spouse is also a member of the CF, and posted to Ottawa. I'm crossing my fingers for somewhere in Ontario for sure  :)

Back