• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Niagara/Lincoln and Welland Regiment reserves

• Thread starter Thread starter Baskin
  • Start date Start date
B

Baskin

Anyone joining the Niagara/Lincoln and Welland Regiment reserves from this message board?

:salute:

I just got sworn in Jan 6th 2005...

I suppose I'll meet you folks soon enough, buy ya a beer in the mess when I do!

FNG's job of course!

:P

:salute:

I was also sworn into the Regiment on the 6th. Although unfortunately... I am to young to drink.

So your one of the kids who was sitting to the right of me. I was second from the end of the table to your left that night. Your going Co-Op then I take it since your 16? All good, let me know how the training works out for you!

Nice to know a bit ahead of time what I'll be getting into myself!

Good luck,
Joe

I don't think just because he's 16 he's going co-op. I'm currently 16 (2008) and I'm not going through co-op, not sure how things will play out, though

DLord said:
I don't think just because he's 16 he's going co-op. I'm currently 16 (2008) and I'm not going through co-op, not sure how things will play out, though
Look at the date of the post you responded to.

I realise but am I supposed to make a new topic for this to be answered?

haha, that is true. I meant for the other ancient topic I brought up from the dead :P

Speaking of bringing ancient topics up I noticed this one from a forum search but noticed its been 4 years since the last post.

To make a really long story short I myself are dead set on joining the Lincoln and Welland regiment and have been thinking about military service as a young lad and want everything that the Army has to offer and what is expected of me.

I have been to the Lake Street armory  three times this month (First visit looking for the Artillery Cpt) and spoke with Cpt. Hassan. However at the time I was interested in acquiring a position with the 10th Field Battery and he gave me some information on who to talk to. After giving some much needed thought and researching around some more  I have decided that Infantry is the best combat arms trade for myself as I am a 20 years old  still in college with not many technical skills that are required to get a competitive position in Artillery.

Now my question is this, I went to the Armory today (Sept 7/2012) and spoke with the Adj Officer (Please correct me if wrong!!) on the intercom system, I asked if there were any openings available as an Infantrymen within the regiment and he said that they were currently "Full" and to come back in the New Year. Now I am wondering are there certain months that recruiting happens, any signs I should look for, should I keep coming back every so often to keep in the loop, talk with the Captain again? Any advice or response is good!  :)

In the meantime I will continue to go to the gym and study up on drills, pt goals, volunteer work and so on. I Hope it comes through!

DLord said:
I realise but am I supposed to make a new topic for this to be answered?

On the bright side bagpiper is probably old enough to drink now. 8)

Back