• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Oath of Allegiance Ceremony

Stevenson

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there guys, I am just looking for some information.

I am giving my oath of allegiance July 4 and flying down to St. Jean, Quebec, July 17 for BMQ.
I will be a NCM Infantry Soldier (frig yeah).

Anyway, I was wondering what I should wear/bring for the Oath of Allegiance Ceremony.
You may think this something very menial that I am wondering about. Truth is, it's the only thing I'm not 100% about.

I do have a suit, wasn't sure if that would be over the top though.

Stevenson said:
I will be a NCO Infantry Soldier (frig yeah).

Maybe one day you will be an NCO, but for now, you are joining as an NCM.

Good luck.

Heh, I love the whole NCO/NCM thing. I am no longer an NCO, but I remain an NCM...

Like the never-ending CFAT fashion discussions, your attire is not the key issue with this ceremony.

That being said, a suit is not over the top. While it's not required, if you have one handy it's not inappropriate. The enrolment ceremony is the start of the "CF career photo album" for some people; as such, the tattered Zombie Apocalypse t-shirt may not be the cherished photo later on down the line.

Just wanted to say there's post about dress code when being sworn in. A classic case of no research before posting, sorry guys.

Journeyman said:
Like the never-ending CFAT fashion discussions, your attire is not the key issue with this ceremony.

That being said, a suit is not over the top. While it's not required, if you have one handy it's not inappropriate.

Haha, double negative.  We need a grammer police emoticon. ;D

Double-negatives are often acceptable when used for emphasis. Being stumped by spell-check, especially when it's free, has less value.

So I'll stick by my linguistic construct. You?    :geek:

Just wear something nice. You know, the cloths you wear for Christmas time.
The stuff you put on for that "special somebody", like a lady friend, or what you
wear on Mothers day or Fathers day when you take the time to visit.

Nice pants with a belt, shirt with a collar, clean shoes and socks.
The tie and jacket is optional.

It all makes for a nice keepsake.

I think you get the picture.
Good luck
:)

medicineman said:
Spelling too  ;D

MM

That's funny.  I guess we need a GnyHwy, quit posting when your drunk emoticon too.

Yet again, another occasion to leave the Star Trek uniform (regardles of generation) at home.

PS: Shakespeare used double negatives all the time.  The are not necessarily incorrect...

Back