• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OCDT PAY Table A Level D

sadie_x

Inactive
Reaction score
I was on Table A level D when I enrolled as an ROTP in Nov 06, but they repealed the table effective Apr 06.  After that I was switched to 2 Lt table D.  Now they have sent my file of b/c they are saying that I am getting paid to much, the same thing happened to my friend and they say she owes like 19 000.  I figure I should hear back anytime now, so I am wondering if there is anyone else on this pay table during this time or going thru the same thing.

sadie_x said:
I was on Table A level D when I enrolled as an ROTP in Nov 06, but they repealed the table effective Apr 06.  After that I was switched to 2 Lt table D.  Now they have sent my file of b/c they are saying that I am getting paid to much, the same thing happened to my friend and they say she owes like 19 000.  I figure I should hear back anytime now, so I am wondering if there is anyone else on this pay table during this time or going thru the same thing.

Too much eh?  Not an uncommon occurrence it seems these days. 

I hope that you have created a "Shadow File" and kept copies of all of your documents.  You will now need to get the message that you got on enrollment and check what Pay Scale you were enrolled at.  You will have to take all of your Pay stubs/statements and go over them with a fine tooth comb with a RMS Clerk who is competent at CF Pay (hopefully one who was a Fin Clerk prior to amalgamation of the Trade). 

19K is a real screw up on the part of the Pay System, so you are highly advised to dig out all of your joining documentation and all documentation you have relating to your Pay, in order to sort it out.

Keep your fingers crossed.

For me it was the other way around.  Enrolled ROTP Ocdt level A, 5 yrs later retroactive up to level D

Took their time paying and no interest paid of course and I heard if they decide you owe them money they are pretty relentless.  At one point they said I owed it all back

I have copies of everything, except for a couple Ref, from CFRG which at this time can not be found by anyone.  Also no one really knows how the transition from one table to another really took place.  In the CBI's it gives the transition policy which there are 2 options and of course you get the one that applies to your case but I do not apply to either case.  So I am just trying to find someone else in the same boat as I am the more people I can find the better.

George Wallace said:
Too much eh?  Not an uncommon occurrence it seems these days. 
(hopefully one who was a Fin Clerk prior to amalgamation of the Trade). 

19K is a real screw up on the part of the Pay System,

You said it all right there George.I have been on tour with useless clerks,and know of one group of people whom are still waiting for a claim 8 months later..they'll be overseas soon.With that Clerk.

God I think our clerks of yesteryear spoiled us.It use to be a uncommon thing to have a BAD one now it's looking like a uncommon thing to have a great one.

Sadie_x I wish I could offer some assistance,advice.However I feel you will be hearing the words "Your pay is your responsibility".And "do you wish to pay lump sum or monthly?"

While I do agree people should keep an eye on their finance's,I can say it wasnt on my mind as I was going through training and young.I ended up in the same boat as yourself.

Sorry.And welcome to the CF.

So when I went ROTP is was a Cpl 4, so they put me to Ocdt Table ALevel D IPC 9 which was 4399 in 06.  But they came out with the pay increase which was effective in Apr 06.  Even though I was enrolled for approx 5 months they say that they should of dropped my pay back down to a cpl 4.  But shouldnt I be pay protected and just stay at IPC 9 and just get the economic adjustment every year.  well they are putting my back to Cpl 4 and I owe an estimated $16000.  I am going to redress because at the time I enrolled the new CBI didnt exist so how can they back date it to Apr 06.  If anyone has any info they can give me, or has had the same problem please contact me as of right now there are 3 of us from my ULO in this situation.  The ombudsman told us that there is approx 250 people who enrolled in the program in this time period that are going to run into the same issue.

If you believe the action/inaction/errors by clerks rise to the level of a tort you may be able to seek compensation through the Crown Liability and Proceedings Act.

Note that this would be a complex undertaking, requiring you to sue the Crown in Federal Court.  You would require a lawyer with experience in the field.  I am not a lawyer.  Seek professional legal advice prior to initiating any legal action.  Do not take advice from random (or even not so random) people on the Internet.

I feel sorry for you - someone should have picked up on this long ago.  From reading CBI 204.211(1) which appears to be the section you would fall under you should have been paid as Cpl(4) until you made 2Lt. Then you would fall under 204.211(3) which places you at pay level D of table B or C.

When the change came out your clerk at that time should have been checking everyone to confirm they were paid correctly assuming they were made aware of the change.

Good luck on the redress - I can't offer you much hope there. Seen some redresses where the member argued they should not be acountable for clerical errors and none of them one. It always came back to the "members are responsible for their own pay".

Back