• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OD Saracen Chest Rig *Sold Pending Funds*

Matt_Fisher

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
*Sold Pending Funds*

1 used (but in great condition, no rips, tears, stains, etc.) Saracen Chest Rig.   It is completely functional and will give many more years of service, or if you're a collector, it's a very unique and hard to find piece of kit.   It was inspired by the classic Arktis chest rig, but Canadianized in regard to several features, such as an integral bayonet frog, field dressing pouches, C9 pouches, etc.

The rig is constructed of 1000 denier Cordura nylon, double layered for durability.   All the pouches (save the map pouch and field dressing pouches) have drainage grommets.

It has 3 triple mag pouches centered on the body.   Each pouch has a velcroed flap for closure.

On the right and left hand sides it has a C9/2 qt. canteen pouch.  
The left C9/2 qt. pouch has a sleeve built in that functions as an internal bayonet frog for the C-7 bayonet and scabbard.   Basically, the bayonet is secured behind the pouch, with the handle and thumbreak snap fully accessible.   These pouches close with 1" fastex buckles and velcro.  

On the outboard side of the right and left C9/2 qt. pouches are a pouch designed to hold the CF Field Dressing.   These are closed with velcro.

Behind the pouches is a full-body map pocket that is secured by a flap with 2 brass snaps.   Inside the map pocket is a D ring for attaching you compass lanyard or dummy cording any other such gear (flashlight, Leatherman, GPS, etc.).   In addition to the D-ring is a internal pouch designed to hold a Silva Ranger type compass.

The shoulder straps are an X crossover design using 1" webbing for adjustment on the front and rear and have a padded shoulder strap, quite similar to the ALICE pack shoulder straps in terms of nylon and padding used.

In addition to the shoulder straps the vest has 2 1" quick release webbing straps on the back that secure the vest from flopping around.

There is significant room for adjustment with the straps and the rig should have no problem accomodating a great range of body types, and is capable of fitting over body armor or bulky winter clothing.

I can get pictures on request for anyone that's interested (I don't want to waste bandwidth here for those not looking to buy).

I'm asking $60 Cdn. Or Best Offer, plus shipping.

PM me or email matthew_d_fisher@yahoo.com if interested.

I would be interested, I sent you an email regarding pictures. If you could send me some that would be great.

I've got 'em, but when I did them, they were absolutely huge in format.  I can email them to anyone interested, just PM me if you'd like to see them.

Back