• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ottawa soap box rave party...host Commander-in-Chief

FateumetMeum

Inactive
Reaction score
Why would our Prime Minister hold a debate over something he feels so adiment about.
"Our countries contribution to the United Nations restructuring of Afghanistan."
If you increase a force size and allow for a greater budget to aid in international commitments, what the hell is a debate going to accomplish? Besides allowing critics to bump political elbows.

If you legalize abortion (let's say) after there has been successfull abortions take place do you then decide to see how others feel about it and hold a debate. I realize the house can't vote on the topic but it pisses me off realizing the tax payer dollars going towards an executive decision argument, soap boxed filled meeting.

Americanization of our politicians attitude could be a little more conservative i think. Our Commander in Cheif must stand by his and his defense minister's words and beliefs. Canada will contribute to the United Nations as long as we are a nation and therefore unfortunatley we are going to lose soldiers. Politicians reading the paper's casualty count are more intereswted in the vote numbers they may or may not lose, NOT the soldier lives and their famalies.if "we" were of great concern to the decision makers in Ottawa then we would be meeting the rest of the contributing nations and invest more dollars in protecting our soldiers with proper gear and safe guards.

Debating the war is useless....Newfoundland'ers point of no return if you ask me. (sorry newfs) But we can't leave the feild when there are still weeds to pull.

Medic4Life said:
Debating the war is useless....Newfoundland'ers point of no return if you ask me. (sorry newfs) But we can't leave the feild when there are still weeds to pull.

Care to explain that comment.Maybe it's my lack of "proper mainland english" but that comment makes no logical point.At least when slamming "newfs" field right.Unless your talking about a R.C school named after Mr.feild.
www.heritage.nf.ca/society/rhs/rs_listing/104.html
Explain when you can.

Why would a government give a rats ass about a SMALL miniority of people wearing green here in canada? Appease the homosexuals and the racial minorities, and the rich white guys and you in power! A few soldiers posted to butt fuk nowhere,whoop dee do if the vote against yah!

Medic4Life said:
Our Commander in Cheif must stand by his and his defense minister's words and beliefs.
While I feel no need to jump into such a poorly phrased rant...our Commander in Chief is actually Her Excellency, the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D., Governor General.....and not the PM.

Edited to say "damn, beat me to the correction" ;)

If you legalize abortion (let's say) after there has been successfull abortions take place do you then decide to see how others feel about it and hold a debate.
So I assume you are against the the government re-opening the debate on same-sex marriage:
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/04/05/1521237-cp.html
I await your indignation about this in a new thread. Keep me updated.
All the best.
Bart

Back