• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parading with National Guard

klmoods

Reaction score
I am an Artillery reservist. I am temporary relocating to the US for civilian work and would be interested in parading with the National Guard. I know there is a form DND 4577. Has anyone gone through this process? Do I have to cold call the National Guards to find potential Host Units?

If anyone has paraded with the National Guard, can you share some experiences?

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
I went to England in 1989-90 - I was on ET&D, there was absolutely no interest in the CF at allowing me to parade with a British TA unit, even when I had found a unit that was willing to have me.
Before you talk to the Guard - I would see if your COC would support such an activity - as it requires some higher level approval than your unit and Bde.

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Start here.

Res F member
  • become familiar with the provisions of the applicable RFFSA MOU; and
  • submit a completed form DND 4577, Reserve Forces Foreign Service Arrangement Application, to their parent unit CO for consideration.
Note Informal direct liaison with a foreign reserve force unit is authorized. The Res F member may liaise with DIRO to identify a possible foreign reserve force unit and point of contact if required. The Res F member is not authorized to parade with the foreign reserve force unit until an authority message is received.