• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Performance Review Board (PRB) - Merged

RecceO said:
I do not know of any stated policy on the provision of QS/TPs, but in my experience, they are made available to students on request. Assessment checklists are typically the only parts that are actively pushed to students.

I am a fan of the "available for the candidates, freely"...both so they can use them to succeed, and so that a valid trg failure can't try the "I didn't know what was expected of me" line in the PRB process.

All QS/TPs can be found on the AITIS ACIMS web page which is accessible from the CTC DWAN page. Further, Canadian Army Order 24-08 (Annex E) is the order that applies to the administration of the warning system and performance monitoring for Army courses.

Then it sounds like they are avail (perhaps not easily found by Candidate Joe Schmoe sometimes but...) and 24-08 contains the same training direction that 1 Cdn Div Order, Vol 5, 5-035 CONDUCT OF AIR FORCE INDIVIDUAL TRAINING AND EDUCATION (AF IT&E) provides. 

RecceO said:
I do not know of any stated policy on the provision of QS/TPs, but in my experience, they are made available to students on request. Assessment checklists are typically the only parts that are actively pushed to students.

All QS/TPs can be found on the AITIS ACIMS web page which is accessible from the CTC DWAN page. Further, Canadian Army Order 24-08 (Annex E) is the order that applies to the administration of the warning system and performance monitoring for Army courses.

Back when the earth was cooling, I was a student and later, an instructor (and finally a Standards O) at the CTC.

During every single Standards in brief, the Standards O/WO would point to the hard copy of the TP in the back of the classroom. During periodic standards visits to the classroom the Standards rep, in addition to conducting a write up on the classroom instructor, would check to ensure the TP was complete and update. Woe betide the Course O that was found to have lacking instructors or TP that was not current.

I'm currently on PRB due to having 3 strikes for motivation and need to write a witness statement. What should I put, write in it and in what form so that my commander will allow me to finish my final weekend? Only have 3 days left for medi weekend to graduate and missed the last fall weekend BMQ due to private reasons. If it helps my CO has been on 2 tours in Afghan.

First thing you have to do is self reflect on yourself. Do you really want to finish this for the right reasons.
Then you need to reflect if this job is for you, your life style and your abilities.
Now you need to look at the shortcomings noted. Have you done anything to improve them, have you made improvements? In doing so did you put 100%into fixing the issue, or are you just putting in the minimum effort?
Sounds to me like you have some personal issues that need to be addressed. A weekend BMQ can not and will not deal with these. It is up to the individual to put more of an effort in to stay motivated. It's a long haul and demands long hours. A lack of motivation during this time can and will reflect your motivation for your future in the Military.
Some times a person cannot project their ability or their motivation  enough on a weekend course. It can be a hard buy in for a person  who may have a active full time commitments outside of the training. Again though this may not be the proper job for you.

You want advice on what to write.
Write your shortcomings as they were given to you. Then write what you did,  are doing and going to continue to do in order to fix the indicated short comings.
Write how committed you are to becoming a Soldier, Sailor or Airmen.
Then re state what you are doing to fix the issues. But remember the end of the day. It's your actions that speak more then words. If you have been counselled 3 times already for this behaviour, how genuine are you in following through with any real commitment.

Back