• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Physiotherapy Officer

CFphysio

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm in my last year of undergrad and currently pursuing the field of physical therapy. I have a few questions regarding physiotherapy officer position.

1) How long is the contract under the position?
2) Is it possible for me to finish BMOQ before I start my physio program (May-August). So once I finish my 2-year physio program, I can start the 6-week military physio course right away?

Thank you for your time and if there are any physiotherapy officer reading this thread, I would appreciate some insights on this position as this decision will be a crucial one.

Hello CFphysio,

1. Contracts will depend on what entry program you intend on applying for. For Direct Entry Officer (DEO), the variable initial engagement (VIE) period is six years. For the subsidized education for entry level masters (SEELM), the VIE is nine years.

2. If you were to apply for SEELM, you would complete Basic Military Officer Qualification (BMOQ) before starting your Master's degree program. Upon graduation, you would go on to complete military occupational training.

Unfortunately, the Forces will not be hiring SEELM for 2015 fiscal year. However, should you choose to apply to SEELM, your best option is to check back with the Forces (or here) in the spring.

Thank you for such a quick response Captain Mark. The acceptance letters from physio schools will arrive ~Mid May and I know SEELM requires a proof of admission in order to apply. I was wondering if I will be able to complete the BMOQ by the end of August If I begin some time during late May (physio schools begin late august - early September). Also, if I choose not to apply for SEELM and go with DEO, could I still do my BMOQ before I begin my physio program. I'm asking this because I would like to start practicing as clinician and apply my knowledge right away after schooling.

For SEELM, the Forces intend on getting everyone on BMOQ before they start their program. However, in some instances, it is not possible. BMOQ would then be delayed until one was able to complete the training without it conflicting with their program.

If you intend on applying Direct Entry Officer, you won't be able to apply until you have completed your master's degree program.

Back