• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

[Please Help!] Undergraduate Applicant ROTP and Exams are coming up!

AviatorHB

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a 2nd year engineering university student and I have 2 questions here.

My file has been sent from North Bay to my local CFRC Toronto and as soon as I got called to come in, I went the next day. I was given a bunch of forms. I filled out some forms at the centre and was given my references form to fill out and an ROTP Questionnaire form. I was told to call and book an appointment for my aptitude test and when I go for it to give in all my forms. The recruiter told me to call early so that I can book my date.

I call the next day (today) to book my aptitude test , hoping to the book it in december after my exams. The person on the phone told me a date which is next week. I ask him if I can pick the day since I have exams coming up and he told me that "It doesn't work like that" . Then I realized that my classes interfere with the timing he gave me so he tells me I have to take off of school. This is engineering and missing a day of school will put me really behind, we even have so many assignments and labs due ...theres basically no time to even study for exams. Anyways, he told me that the final aptitude test for rotp applicants was going to be next thursday. This can't be true because the CFRC initially told me to come in within 30 days, I came within 2 and now they are saying the last test is in a week?  What should I do? Is it true that the last aptitude test sessions will be next week for rotp applicants? Also I don't have a personal recruiter... the recruiter I talked to at the CFRC gave me a card with the general number and gave me an extension to the department that does bookings. I want to book my test, interview and medical on the same day like other applicants. I want to book it on Dec 19th... is that possible?
I am applying for Pilot so keep in mind I have aircrew selection to go to if I am selected for it.

My next question is from the fact that I was given the ROTP questionnaire form with an essay on why I want to go to civilian university or rmc. There is no section on the form to state that I am an undergraduate applicant, how will the canadian forces know that I want to stay in my current university. Does that mean for the essay at the end, I have to write why I want to stay in my university?

Thank you for reading and helping.

You're applying for Pilot, an extremely competitive trade. 

"Is it true that that the last aptitude test sessions will be next week for rotp applicants? "

It may very well be.  The 30 days may have been for the whole application.  How do you know you even qualify for Pilot without the aptitude test?

"I want to book my test, interview and medical on the same day like other applicants. I want to book it on Dec 19th... is that possible?"

It may or may not be.  Sometimes, it's just what comes up.  Take it for what it is, and make your decision.

Back