• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PLQ Help

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Okay I am course loaded for a PLQ in Jan. Can anyone here help me out with finding the order formats for patrols and all the other things you do on PLQ? So I can use them on my course to help me out.

And also if someone can give me some insight to what all the Mods are and what to expect would be nice too. Let's hear them little war stories.

And if anyone says look it up on Search...I already did.. and no deal. Thank you for your Help.
I"ll send a e-beer to you. Contact your local Jr Ranks.

:army:

Dunno if it's still a valid pub, but try your unit library or any old farts around for a Section Commander's Aide de Memoire.  Worth it's weight in beef jerky.

Halifax..

and I ask my Section Commander but he is a busy man... that is where I came in play.... hints the 2 IC part in my name...lol. I am going to look in the DIN when I am at work again.

look on the DIN, Base borden Training establishments, Air Force academy...that give you some course outline etc. for mods 1-5

the other spot is Infantry School CTC Gagetown. This site shows the computer directed learning for mod 5

BTW you don't do patrols or anything difficult anymore. Its a generic course for all except infantry..they do a specific Mod 6.

Mod 1 Pt
Mod 2 is drill and lectures
Mod 3 is A/RSO tng
Mod 4 Dicsipline
Mod 5 is leadership and ethics
Mod 6 is applied army leadership

Good luck, and if your going to Valcartier in Jan, be nice to my medics.

They don't do partols? I was enemy force for Mod 6 last winter and they partol me tons of times. I was over at LFAA in Gagetown. Any thoughts on the issue?

TN2IC said:
They don't do partols? I was enemy force for Mod 6 last winter and they partol me tons of times. I was over at LFAA in Gagetown. Any thoughts on the issue?

Heard from a couple of guys in Aldershot that MOD 6 now consits of Urban Warfare.

There is a field portion to the PLQ and it's in Mod 6.  However, there are two versions PLQ Land and PLQ Inf.  So you can expect to be in the field learning how to lead patrols, section attacks, the defensive, OBUA, etc.

Its a Navy PLQ for the love of God, no mods lots of drill/Memos/ computer work (QRO's, CFAOS, DAOD etc)

no patrolling/section attacks etc. How much FIBUA does the Navy do! No patrolling! Just NATO Orders format in Aldershot. LOL

Get your Kit up!

and enjoy.....................(have your Yellow copy of EXPRES first or its an automatic RTU)

Ah I should of stated it is in Aldershot.. and correct my last few posts. Sorry about that bud. Not to make you sound dumb.. that was my fault.  ;D

Right. While the Navy does run PLQ Mod 6 serials in Aldershot, it mostly consists of just the part one stuff, and a lot of marching around singing 'heart of oak'. They are, much like some members of this board, best ignored.

TN2IC, try looking up the ARTS Aldershot DIN site, and looking in their courseware. That will have the most current info available. I should caution you that as with any course, you will be provided with all the info you need when you get there. As long as you have half a head on your shoulders, you'll be just fine.

BTW, I think your boss has failed on at least two leadership principles by not helping you prepare for this course. If you're supposed to be his 2IC, he really is shooting himself in the foot for not assisting you, I don't care how busy he is... Anyway, if you're with 33 Svc and a trucker (just guessing), there is a newly minted MCpl MSE Op there (promoted last thurs) that did this course this spring. If you really feel the need try and borrow his notes...god knows he really didn't need them.   :dontpanic:

Best of luck.

That is funny... we were sitting in the same room together..I was sitting besdie the new promoted MCpl so yeah.. .then I was talking to what's her face...... draws blank.... ah....I am bad with names.... I need a beer.

Back