• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted/Moving In Winter

Caiden52

Inactive
Reaction score
I just finished my trade course and will be receiving a posting message within the next week (hopefully) to move either just before or just after Christmas (probably the latter). Anyway I was curious as to if the movers will take stuff from outside that aren't covered or enclosed (I have a play house for my kids, BBQ, Snow Blower, etc....). Since they will basically be covered with snow and even if I keep them wiped off, they will still be wet. Will the movers still take them or do I need to get a storage unit and put my stuff away so it is dry for them to take it?  Thanks. Sorry if there is a similar post elsewhere; I did look but couldn't find anything on it.

Once you get your posting message and you secure accomodation at your new duty location, the moving company assigned to your move will come to you house for a pre-move inspection and they will let you know everything you need to know about what can and cannot be brought on the trailer. 

In the mean time, take a look here for the CF Integrated Relocation Policy:  http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2009-toc.page

I moved last December and I stored everything in my garage anyways for the winter.  You will need to clean your BBQ and empty anything with flammable fluids. 

Back