• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes Armd O to RegF Armd O questions

blackberet17

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been thinking about CT-ing. A couple of my troops have CT'd in the last while, but all of them out of Armd. My preference, lovin' the blackhat, is to remain Armd - after all the trg I've gone through thus far, I sure as hell don't want to change.

So, I got my PRes Armd Recce Tp Ldr qual this past summer. I'm working on knocking off AJOSQ before too far into the new year, and hoping to get on ATOC this coming summer. Our Adjt/Ops O is RCD, and I'm trying to get a hold of him to ask him a few questions, but he may be on leave...

I've heard from a couple of people, if/when I CT, I can expect to spend the next three years at Gage. Not that that's a horrible thing - I'll need TOC at the very least. So...

1) Would my ARTL qual transfer to RegF Armd Recce?

2) Would I have to spend three years at Gage?

3) Is it in my best interests to complete ATOC and possibly AOC first, from the PRes side, before putting in my CT (or putting it in anyway, I know it will take time)?

4) Any knowledge of time frame for CT/Armd O psns currently?

Here's the other kicker: my gf is looking at the same thing, but she's a different trade, and is looking at postings for herself in that regard, quite possibly to Pet. I'd like to be posted to RCD, I've worked with a lot of great RCD folks, and we'd be close (which I know will be considered - to an extent - in the posting). I read LtMort's older postings on Armd stuff I thought would be relevant, and Tango2Bravo's as well, but I'm afraid my questions may be a little more specific and outside of those arcs.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

C

I can provide some info:

2.  Length of time in Gagetown will depend on qualifications granted on CT - that will determine the training required.

3.  ATOC and AOC would carry over as qualifications.

4.  The Annual Military Occupation Reviews are currently underway; the AMOR will define the intake plan for 13/14, including the entry plans - whether by CT, DEO, ROTP, CEOTP or other.  Generally, occupations will board applications for skilled CT intake and prioritize those applicants.

I fired a PM with a link to a forum mbr who will likely have some answers for you.

dapaterson said:
I can provide some info:

2.  Length of time in Gagetown will depend on qualifications granted on CT - that will determine the training required.

3.  ATOC and AOC would carry over as qualifications.

4.  The Annual Military Occupation Reviews are currently underway; the AMOR will define the intake plan for 13/14, including the entry plans - whether by CT, DEO, ROTP, CEOTP or other.  Generally, occupations will board applications for skilled CT intake and prioritize those applicants.

Thanks dapaterson. I know I'll need the gunnery crse, so I've factored that in. And good to know on the rest. Guess I'll want to get my AJOSQ done, it's a lot shorter than the Reg F one!!  ;D Good to know on the AMORs, that's really helpful.

And thanks for the pm's, guys. Much appreciated.

PM'd.  Contact me if you want more info.  Thanks EYE

blackberet17 said:
I've heard from a couple of people, if/when I CT, I can expect to spend the next three years at Gage. Not that that's a horrible thing - I'll need TOC at the very least. So...

1) Would my ARTL qual transfer to RegF Armd Recce?

2) Would I have to spend three years at Gage?

3) Is it in my best interests to complete ATOC and possibly AOC first, from the PRes side, before putting in my CT (or putting it in anyway, I know it will take time)?

4) Any knowledge of time frame for CT/Armd O psns currently?

It is certainly possible that your recent Reserve ARTL will result in your being granted the DP 1.2 Armoured Recce Troop Leader qualification. I have seen that done quite recently, but each PLAR can be different.

You might not be posted to Gagetown. You could be posted anywhere we need to send you. It has been a practice over the past few years to post CTs to Gagetown, but just this summer we took a fairly young CT straight to the Regt. We can give TOC here. I like bringing CTs to the Regt so that we can actually see them in a Regimental context. Having said that, you could go to Gagetown...

It is great to get AJOSQ, ATOC and AOC done before you transfer but I wouldn't delay my CT to get those quals. The clock is ticking. How old are you? Courses are important to a Reg F officer but we make sure that the right people get those courses when they need them for progression. Did you finish the OPMEs?

As for your last question I cannot speak to openings. While I live fairly close to Ottawa in geographical terms I am light years from those hallways. I received three CT messages last year to the Regt and they were spread out over time.

If you want to CT then put in your paperwork. Find ways to make contact with The RCD if you are interested in coming here. As you enter the Regs be clear with what you want in the future. If you want to progress then you need to be at the Regt from time to time and you need to be mobile.

Cheers

T2B

Back