• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prospective engineer applicant (P. Eng goal)

Reaction score
Hello,

I had questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces as an engineer. I'm struggling to find my right career, I have a Canadian mechanical engineering degree and some relevant experience. My primary goal is to provide for my family and I am ready to join the military to do so. I come from a province that does not have a lot of news on our military. I am uninformed about our military and would like to ask some questions.

My current plan is to commit to regular forces for at least 8 years to earn a P. Eng. I am applying for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer, but am open to any engineering officer roles that can provide the outcome. If anyone can recommend great engineering officer roles and experiences, I would be happy to listen to your opinions.

My questions mostly concern pay grade and being able to send my money back to family. I have more, but these are my main priorities.

Will I always be able to earn an engineering officer position as a DEO?
Do I need to perform any additional academic-focused exams to earn my initial rank as any of the engineering officers?
Will I be made aware of my starting rank before completing BMOQ? And what would be my starting rank?
During BMOQ and regular force, are there any accommodations (regular meals, housing, uniform) deducted from our pay?

Sorry for the questions, this is a lot for me to think about.
Thank you.

Back