• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Provincial Health Plan Coverage??

Spctr

Inactive
Reaction score
I have looked around and can't find a definitive answer to this question.  I was wondering how the medical plan for
regular force members works.  Do I have to "opt out" of the Provincial Plan every year, or do I still pay for the provincial
plan even though I am covered under the CF?  I scoured the BC MSP website (I currently live here with wife and child) and it
stated that in order to not pay the Provincial Health Plan, I would have to "Opt Out" every year.  I ask because I am not sure if
I can take the Provincial Health coverage from (3 family members) to (2 family members) and thus get a less expensive rate.

Any help regarding this would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

The problem here is that you're really asking the wrong folks.  While I am sure that a number of RMS CLKs in BC have the answer to this one, bear in mind that the Provincial Health Care Plan belongs to the Province.  They made it, they administer it.  So even if the OR staff tell you that you do or don't have to opt out every year, but the bureaucrat at the Health Care plan says the opposite, who do you think will win at the end of the day, the RMS CLK or the bureaucrat that is employed as part of the Health Care plan?

Not trying to be rude and I apologize if I come across that way, but the simple answer is you need to ask this question to your health care plan administrator, ie. the provincial bureaucrat.

I figured it wouldn't be straight forward.    ::)

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out further with the provincial health people.

Back