• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pte. Mitchell Emms MVA - CFB Borden

punkd

Inactive
Reaction score
Just goes to show you that as well with overseas the dangers that are present in everyday life. Mitchell was part of PRETC at CFB Borden.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Source:
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1151319011698&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

Three killed in crash near Parry Sound
Jun. 26, 2006. 12:08 PM
LINDA NGUYEN AND TAMARA CHERRY
STAFF REPORTERS

Three people, including a Canadian soldier, are dead after a four-vehicle collision northeast of Parry Sound Sunday afternoon.

Four men and two women were travelling in a 2006 Mazda on Hwy. 69 at Hwy. 124 in Badgers Corners when the car crossed the centre line and struck a pick-up truck head-on around 12:30 p.m.

The four men in the car, all in their 20s, were from Camp Borden, a military base near Barrie, Ont.

The 21-year-old male driver, serviceman Mitchell Emms from Fredericton, N.B., and the two 20-year-old female passengers, Chantel Gale and Amanda Scale, were pronounced dead on the scene, said police.

The remaining three male passengers were taken to hospital with serious injuries.

Two of the men were in Parry Sound to visit the two women who were their girlfriends.

They were coming back from a ball game when the crash occurred, said Const. Don Gore of Parry Sound OPP.

“They were driving at a normal speed but that’s enough (to do damage) in a head on collision. It was a devastating crash,” he said.

The two dead women were from Parry Sound and were roommates attending school together.

Alcohol has not been confirmed as the cause of the crash but the people in the car been drinking the night before and may have been drinking the morning of the crash, said Const. Gore.

The couple that were in the pick-up truck have been identified as Bruce Summers, 61 and his wife, Martha Summers, 54. They were both taken to hospital with serious injuries.

The six people in the other two cars involved were all taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Police are still investigating.

Sorry to hear that.  Life is precious and fragile, this is an example of it being so.

I don't know if it's just me, but deaths like this bother me more than hearing about the deaths of comrades overseas.  When it comes to soldiers deployed overseas, it's always deeply saddening to hear about fatalities........ but at the same time you come to expect and dread the news reports of soldiers in theatre dying.  Fatalities like this though........... I just seem to have a harder time with them, I don't really know why.  When WO Cox passed a few weeks ago on an ATV accident, I found that I was more disturbed by that than to hear about a fatality overseas.  Maybe it's just me............ In any event, RIP soldier.  :salute:

Regards

RIP troop, condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of all... :salute:

Wow! This really is a shock! This young FCS Tech was one of my students when he came through his POET Training here in Kingston. He was a fine young man. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

yeah we had a ceremony at PRETC HQ today, and practice for the formal next week. RIP :cdn:

My condolences to the family and friends of all the deceased. As a person who lost a close family member suddenly in a head-on collision I truely understand. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Back