• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PTSD / Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)

Oy Vey do I ever know what you mean  :-X Weaning off them was not nice at all.

As our friend Red would say, keep your stick on the ice.

Wook

Wookilar said:
Oy Vey do I ever know what you mean  :-X Weaning off them was not nice at all.

As our friend Red would say, keep your stick on the ice.

Wook

Much Thanks Wook.  Tough to get around the benefit vs. the impact and unfortunately received little information prior to commencing this treatment option.

Hey,

I had the unfortunate "privilege" to have to quit paxil after being on it for about 3 years and taking 30mg a day. I quit cold turkey and didn't cut down at all but I wouldn't recommend doing that. I quit smoking and drinking after being an alcoholic for 5 years so I had some practice.

SSRIs block a lot of emotion and give you an overall feeling like everything is OK and you don't need anything in your life. After quitting the thing that I found so surprising was the shear amount of emotion that I had to go through. My emotions were all over the place. It must be what its like to be a women (joke).

I can't comment on depression but for people with anxiety problems ( GAD, SAD, OCD, Panic Attacks, etc ) then there are better ways to resolve the issue. I highly recommend the linden method for dealing with anxiety. It does a great job helping you reset your anxiety levels so it stops effecting you.

Later,
Ben

Back