• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

question for primary reservists

curious george

Inactive
Reaction score
How do you feel in terms of integration with the military?  ie. Do you feel you are fully in the Canadian Forces despite being part-time? Have reservists been able to work seamlessly with regular force members on common missions/tasks?

Did a Timmies run with some RegF guys once, that was pretty seamless  ;D

curious george said:
How do you feel in terms of integration with the military?  ie. Do you feel you are fully in the Canadian Forces despite being part-time? Have reservists been able to work seamlessly with regular force members on common missions/tasks?

I'm one deployed with 2 RCR right now. There's a bit of a learning curve when you start workup, but pretty quickly if you're switched on, no problem at all. There's some ribbing between the two groups. "85% the solder, 85% the work" vs "your career is my hobby", but we all get along, and that seemed to be the experience of all the reservists during work up and from what I've heard over here.

Carry your and shoot the ribbing back and you will get along fine.

Any member who has been on deployment can agree that a Reservist is looked at just as highly as a RegF guy. They don't just fight on evenings and weekends now do they? Don't worry. Be nice and they'll accept you!  :)

And you know precisely how many "member(s) who have been on deployment?"

Even with that astronomical figure of good friends who have deployed, you have no legitimacy speaking for the thousands who have.

You need to review your posts from the point of view of those who actually know what they are talking about.

If you heard a grade four kid telling another grade four kid what high school is like, would you be impressed?

We are even less impressed than that.

You are not in yet. You are not a Pte. You have no clue. Stop trying to come across like you do.

Pte. Jay said:
Any member who has been on deployment can agree that a Reservist is looked at just as highly as a RegF guy. They don't just fight on evenings and weekends now do they? Don't worry. Be nice and they'll accept you!  :)

And you know this because?

All,

I've been speaking to Pte. Jay about his screen name and the manner in which he has been posting. He's responded well and I expect to see a name change and apology in the near future.

Scott
Staff

Scott said:
All,

I've been speaking to Pte. Jay about his screen name and the manner in which he has been posting. He's responded well and I expect to see a name change and apology in the near future.

Scott
Staff
Those terms have been met. Again, I am really sorry if I came across as ignorant. I'm really just a kid who can't wait 'till his turn to serve. I hope you guys can move past this. :)

Back