• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on the process

Bassil_Inf

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings members and staff,

I am in the process of enrolling into the reserves. I have completed and passed my physical, interview, and CFAT, all I have left is a medical. I was originally booked for my medical but then was cancelled because CFRC didn't send in my presec interview results to Ottawa, therefore I must wait until I get a call to book my medical when Ottawa responds. (I have one relative overseas).

Is it possible I can still be attending BMQ this September considering the medical is the only test remaining?

Thank you for reading my question ;)

I'm not a member, nor am I staff.

However I have researched this already and depending on where your relative lives, www.forces.ca has all of your answers.

If you have ever lived outside Canada or have an immediate family member who currently lives outside Canada: You will be asked to fill out the “Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire”.  You should be prepared to provide adequate, verifiable information for the last 10 years. This information is used to determine if a Security Clearance Pre-Assessment is required, especially if you:
have dual citizenship
if you lived, worked, studied or travelled outside of Canada in the last 10 years for a total of at least 180 days
if you have a child, parent, step-parent, spouse, in-laws, brother or sister (half & step) living outside of Canada

If a Clearance Pre-Assessment is required, it can take between 6 to 18 months to complete.

Every application is different but I think everyone needs to pass the medical in order to get merit listed.

Back