• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about personal life for extended training trades

Rikes

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just passed my CFAT and got approved for everything but what my first 3 choices were. So instead of gambling with a retest in 3 months, I decided to go with my backups. One happens to be weapons Eng tech and I noticed there is over a year of required training time with 9 of those months "Basic Occupational Qualification Training". My question is, during these 9 months which im assuming will basically be on the job training like most other trades, am I able to live in the nearest city/town with my SO instead of in a barracks? We would not be eligible for housing since we are not married and havent lived together more than 6 months at a time because she happens to be an american citizen. We cannot qualify as common law either. So in short will I have a social life those 14 or so months? Or at the very least am I able to have the ability to rent my own residence?

Probably not, and a thin probably at that.

However, as this subject has been asked more than a few times, a little searching and reading would not be amiss.

To save a little searching, when you get posted after basic put in a memo immediately. Make sure you have all the info you need first. Then depending on where you are they may or may not approve it.

Back