• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

questions about weeks 10-13 of BMQ in St.Jean.

NJL

Inactive
Reaction score
once I get back to the mega I start week 10... I know the basic of what to expect.. week 10 (gas hut/ Pt test again), 11/12 we're in the filed (farnham) doing field training/exercises, and 13 is grad prep week... but I got a question:

1. Any insights/tips of what 10-13 are like? Do they go by quick? looking forward to graduating... I've heard from some that weeks 1-4 and week 8 are the hardest, I'm sure 10-13 won't be too bad, other than freezing our buts off in farham during 11/12, but doing the exercises should be rewarding.

Thanks

Tips?

Head to Mountain Equiptment Co in Montreal and buy yourself a proper set of long johns and black ski gloves, these probably saved my life during the last week in the field. The cold won't be that bad, it's better when it is very cold rather than what we had for 3 of our 4 weeks in the field when it was just above freezing and WET.

My brother in law is currently in his last few weeks, from what I've gathered about it, it's essentially putting into effect everything that you've learned and testing your PT again.

The Field exercises as far as I know are supposed to be amazing fun and a great way to culminate everything that you've learned and been through. He told me that they'll be scouting and capturing opposing forces, protecting against attacks, doing Recce and all the fun stuff (and crappy hehe, lots of crappy). It sounds like amazing fun.

Just make sure to carry what you need, and take extras of the stuff you'll sweat in or get wet in alot (socks / tshirts mainly, don't waste cash on specialty items like $50 socks, etc or you'll regret it). The gloves and long johns are a excellent idea.

Another suggestion is to snag some of those heating relief pads that Shaq shows in the commercial, if you catch a chill they can and will help heat you up and if you smack something on a rock that heat = relief. Plus they're thin and light :)

Back