• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Commissioner says force ready to facilitate end of contract policing with lessons learned from Surrey

So where will the members go who don't want to transfer over?
RCMP’s got a couple thousand vacancies. They could absorb a lot of eliminated policing contracts before they would need to look at a workforce adjustment situation. Depending on how large an area changed to a new police of jurisdiction and where, some would certainly choose to hop over to the new police service. Any transfer of policing jurisdiction would be a multi year process, allowing for attrition and normal transfers to account for a fair bit of the reduction. It would definitely see more RCMP officers shifted into federal policing spots. I don’t think RCMP management would be as worried about this as their union would.

So where will the members go who don't want to transfer over?

The arctic, of course ;)

angry go away GIF

im not shocked. I wonder what bizarre force wide 4pm in Ottawa email we can expect this week.

I for one truly enjoyed signing into my PC on the block that included working Christmas Eve as well as Christmas night to see some genius had sent a Division wide email telling "anybody left working on this last day before holidays" to go home and spend time with their families, meant for the HQ personal but alas, delivered into the inbox of every single GD member in E Division.

I for one truly enjoyed signing into my PC on the block that included working Christmas Eve as well as Christmas night to see some genius had sent a Division wide email telling "anybody left working on this last day before holidays" to go home and spend time with their families, meant for the HQ personal but alas, delivered into the inbox of every single GD member in E Division.
Yep — ‘leaders’ can be very tone deaf sometimes. Especially when they don’t care, but are trying to give the appearance of caring. Like sociopaths or aliens trying to blend into a society.

My own personal example was a commander emphasizing how important it was to take time off over the Christmas season, delivered to an audience that included shift workers. I mean, he obviously knew had a 24/7/365 watch floor, he just didn’t really care.

Yep — ‘leaders’ can be very tone deaf sometimes. Especially when they don’t care, but are trying to give the appearance of caring. Like sociopaths or aliens trying to blend into a society.

My own personal example was a commander emphasizing how important it was to take time off over the Christmas season, delivered to an audience that included shift workers. I mean, he obviously knew had a 24/7/365 watch floor, he just didn’t really care.
Not RCMP, but we once had a chief who rolled out a new shift schedule meant to address staff shortages while maintaining operations. It destroyed the idea of work/life balance. When questioned about it at the town hall the response was "You work here. Your family doesn't." Thankfully. he wasn't around long.

Not RCMP, but we once had a chief who rolled out a new shift schedule meant to address staff shortages while maintaining operations. It destroyed the idea of work/life balance. When questioned about it at the town hall the response was "You work here. Your family doesn't." Thankfully. he wasn't around long.
'If we thought a family was important we would have issued it to you.'

Back