• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Recruiting

geed488

Inactive
Reaction score
I was am currently in the primary reserves, looking to soon apply with the RCMP. I was told that after releasing from the CF you must wait a certain time period before you are allowed to apply to the RCMP. Is there any truth to this statement or is just some BS?  :warstory:

I was approximately 75% through the RCMP application process with the RCMP before I released from the P Res. So...there is no wait time.  You can apply to the force while still serving with the forces.

Stu

With the new legistlation, you may continue to serve with the P Res even when you become a regular member with the RCMP. Just a fun fact.

DO NOT release from the PRes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are not a sworn member until your very last day at Depot. Lot's could happen, you could fail training, get injured and miss your mother ect. Not to mention that the prohibition in the QR&O's IS changing in the next little while. If you run into any problems PM me with your recruiters telephone number, explain the issue to me and I will contact them and put them in the picture. :warstory:

Cheers
Noneck

However, you cannot be engaged with the force while still serving with the reserves. 

Stu

Listen to Noneck! :D
I released with a little over a month left to go at Depot. They would have had no idea that I was still in had I not taken my certificate of service to the right person :)
And now that there are changins coming, I've screwed myself over as NDHQ in all it's wisdom has decided to change my release from a voluntary release to a medical release. But, I had to get out, Grad was approaching and I was leaving Regina with a badge.
But things have changed since then, so don't get out!

The best way to go about this is to start your outclearance from the Primary Reserve, but ensure that you request to be transferred to the Supplemental Reserve List. By doing this you are no longer an active member of the reserves, however your Pers file is kept at the brigade level for a number of years before being archived at NDHQ. Technically you are supposed to parade once a year, and you keep your DEUs for that purpose. I have never actually seen anyone on the Supp list parade though. This is the route that I took and it worked perfectly for me. I will now able to jump right back into the reserves as soon as the legislation allows (hopefully in time for some courses this summer!). I strongly recommend that you take care of all your outclearance procedures before shipping off to Depot. All your kit needs to be returned to your unit as well as area stores, your pay needs to be sorted out, and your unit needs to stamp everything off before you can be outcleared.

Not outclearing and hoping that the RCMP will not ask for a confirmation of your release is a risky move that I don't recommend. Before graduating you to have to fill out a check sheet of admin stuff like that, and lying on it is a sure way to get a one-way ticket home. The Supp Reserve list is the way to go, for both Regs and Res. It is almost like an insurance policy. I have seen guys on the Supp list for over two years walk back into the unit, and be active and back in uniform in literally weeks.

If you have any questions about the Supp list and outclearance procedures I recommend you go to you unit's chief clerk, and they should be able to give you all the current info. Good luck!

As has been stated  go SRR. The policy has been changed ( See thread on RCMP in the PRes) the NDA and QR&O amended, all that is remaining is the CANFORGEN release.

Noneck

Back