• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re enlist after a vr?

H

Harvey Singh

I was released on a 4(c) release, from st jean not long ago, I now realize I made the biggest mistake in my life, I should have asked for some sort of leave and recoursed. Is waiting 6 months mandatory too reapply? Will my application get processed faster as I believe they hold everything for a year? I've been told a job offer may come even later than expected, I was an ed tech, and I'd like to get the same trade back. I know I wasted the taxpayers money, and made a huge mistake, but I've grown as a person and this time i want and need to do it right.

Good day,

Voluntary release 4C

Eligible to reapply subject to meeting all recruiting standards. CAF (Canadian Armed Forces) members who released voluntarily under item 4C prior to reaching OFP (Operational Functional Point) may be approved for re-enrolment at the Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting Center Commanding Officers discretion only after a period of one year from the date of their release.

Good day,

You are correct that it is a minimum of 6 months for former members of the Regular force that have reached their OFP to be considered for re-enrollment. Operational requirements for MOSID's may dictate otherwise, therefore each case will be considered on its own merits by CFRC CO.

That being said as the initial question referred to the individual releasing under item 4C during basic training in St Jean and thus not having been fully trained prior to release the wait time for this individual is a minimum of 1 year from release date.

Back