• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re Photo Submission Brit Girl I'm with Stupid T-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

S McKee

Inactive
Reaction score
I really liked that photo submission showing the British soldier wearing the T-shirt, "I'm with stupid" with the arrow pointing towards the American flag hahahaha. By the way what is the capitol of Great Britain? Berlin isn't it? No no that's not it, but that's what it would have been if it weren't for those "stupid" Americans.

Jumper said:
I really liked that photo submission showing the British soldier wearing the T-shirt, "I'm with stupid" with the arrow pointing towards the American flag hahahaha. By the way what is the capitol of Great Britain? Berlin isn't it? No no that's not it, but that's what it would have been if it weren't for those "stupid" Americans.

Oh relax, after the way the simpsons made fun of their teeth, they have every right to make fun of your intelligence :)

Jumper said:
but that's what it would have been if it weren't for those "stupid" Americans.

"But we mustn't underestimate American blundering.  I was with them when they "blundered" into Berlin in 1918.  -- Renault, "Casablanca" 1942

Not that they ever did blunder in Berlin.  Nonetheless, the joke has been around for a while.  Seems a little late to be taking offence.

Jumper said:

another f*****g bleeding heart  ::)

You know what they say: If you can't take a joke..........

I like your bit of revisionist history too

Usually I don't say anything but..

Mike Bobbitt said:
Photo gone, problem over.

Is this the first complaint? Has this been a problem since the photo has been up or only for the last hour?

If you're going to take down photos that offend a couple of people, you might as well take down the ones that make fun of the French too.

There are 2 approaches to take:

1. The easy route. Take it down and let the lowest common denominator dictate content.

2. Defend something uploaded by someone else. Clearly the photo is going to anger a certain percentage of the population, and this step means convincing them they're not angry about it.

I took the easy way out because I don't have time to play #2, which rarely turns out a "success" for anyone involved.

Edit: Plus I know where to find a copy if I want one. ;)

I fear people with no sense of humor. It's almost always indicative of deeper psychological issues and extremist tendencies.

Just saying is all......

WOW did you ever cave easily. Too bad the pic is gone.  It was funny. I just lost faith in the site. Anyone else feel just a little tinge of disappointment that the photo was taken off because of one complaint.

mover1 said:
WOW did you ever cave easily. Too bad the pic is gone.   It was funny. I just lost faith in the site. Anyone else feel just a little tinge of disappointment that the photo was taken off because of one complaint.

Makes 2 of us......

I haven't lost faith.

It's closing in on 2 hours and I haven't seen any response from Jumper. I want to hear, why this joke t-shirt is so bad. I mean its not like it says "death to America"

sure the photo was funny

But are we to assume because one person who complained (possibly American) should
be blamed for all the insults that America throws at other people....  No..

The American media does that and propegates it... not the individual, who
gets the blame though under the general blanket of America.

If this person is offended, well, it comes down.  And next time if you are
offended by something that other people don't understand, well, your
concern will probably be met with the same care and due diligence as
in this case.

I was offended only once by this site, amazing enough since nothing offends me.
And it was rectified. 

So...  Stop thinking Globally, think a little more individually and have some compassion.

That being said, would an American site do the same for us or would they use Freedom of speech?
Thats an interesting question!!!  Any takers?

Mike Bobbitt said:
There are 2 approaches to take:

Edit: Plus I know where to find a copy if I want one. ;)

Or three, replace it with a photo of the subject without the offending shirt on.  

Was that my outside voice again?  Darn!  Fire for effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back