• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reaction to Gen Patraeus

Rigggghhhht... the US is going to invade Myanmar.

OK.  Sure.  If you say so.

Wow. 

MADELEINE said:
Rigggghhhht... the US is going to invade Myanmar.

OK.  Sure.  If you say so.

Wow. 

why?  because they don't have oil?

We have troops in Bosnia last time I checked.  We even went to Somalia.  We have troops in the horns of Africa.  We have troops in Japan, Cuba, Germany, Korea.  Our navy is out fighting pirates in far away oceans and drug smugglers off mexico.  Few years ago, a few marine units were in the Philipines training soldiers fighting muslim guerillas.  My buddy still talks about that.

You'd be shocked if i had the ability to tell you where us soldiers are.  Even I ain't privy to all the locations.  Which is why i wanna hurry up and get officer and/or ranger status.  Troops in Myanmar doesn't have to be an 'full-scale invasion'.  It could even simply be moving a battelship into that area.

r

Infidel-6 said:
+1

I'm not a General nor do I play one on TV - However I dont think I'd place the blame on Bush (though as CiC he does wear the burden) fully, I think that Rummy, CPA and "war lite" seriously undermined the intial victory.  I think (based what I see on the ground) that not just the surge but USAID's increased push into more reconstruction and stepping out of the hamstrung PRT's in some cases are helping as well.
  Most of these "insurgents" are out of work - they need to be able to see a future -- I think Gen. Patraeus and the OIF efforts of late are making a lot of people here realise that there can be a good life after Sadam. 

+2

Scary to thing he was considering trying to invade with a 50,000 troops, I believe the staff planners wanted 450,000. 50,000 would have been a “smash and grab” They would have been in deep poo to attempt to hold any real estate with that number.

razorguns,

You've been asked to get a grip on your spelling/grammar/punctuation - I see that sometimes you have it and sometimes you do not - please make a better effort.

Scott
Army.ca Staff

Scott said:
razorguns,

You've been asked to get a grip on your spelling/grammar/punctuation - I see that sometimes you have it and sometimes you do not - please make a better effort.

Scott
Army.ca Staff

That's okay.  I'm shipping out for deployment in 5 days.  I'll be back in April (should!)

r

Your deployment bears no weight on my request. When you return, no matter how long your absence, please put forth the effort.

Good luck.

Back