• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Really need some clarification!!

jml247

Inactive
Reaction score
Do i need to apply to a paramedic program in order to be accepted into the medical technician trade? Or if i meet the qualifications do i get accepted into BMQ go to SQ and then go into a paramedic program(in which i would not have previously applied for?) I thought that i would be automatically accepted into  paramedic program that was offered in Chilliwack, BC without having to apply separately. I have also emailed the recruiters but they take a while to respond. If you can clear this up for me it is greatly appreciated!

Someone with more experience can give you a better answer. From the information available on the recruiting website you must meet the following requirements to apply.

"Qualification Requirements - Medical Technicians must have completed high school with biology credits as well as secondary 5 chemistry and physics credits, and hold a current driver’s license. "

As for training, you complete BMQ, SQ and than your occupantions training. See the links below for more information.

http://www.forces.ca/en/job/medicaltechnician-70#info-1

http://www.forces.ca/en/job/medicaltechnician-70#education-2

jml247 said:
Do i need to apply to a paramedic program in order to be accepted into the medical technician trade? Or if i meet the qualifications do i get accepted into BMQ go to SQ and then go into a paramedic program(in which i would not have previously applied for?) I thought that i would be automatically accepted into  paramedic program that was offered in Chilliwack, BC without having to apply separately. I have also emailed the recruiters but they take a while to respond. If you can clear this up for me it is greatly appreciated!

"i have just received an email saying that Medical technician is only open on through NCM-SEP"
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/88342/post-1057078.html#msg1057078

Stacked said:
There's different entry programs for Med Tech.  Are you trying to go the NCM-SEP route, or Direct Entry?

I was thinking direct... but wouldn't that mean you need paramedic experience? i know in other trades for direct entry you need that trade experience. So if i were to apply for medtech through the ncm-sep route, i would need to have applied to another paramedic school and also go through the program In chilliwack?

Mariomike I did receive that email? But it doesn't mean I am not aloud to ask questions.

jml247 said:
I was thinking direct... but wouldn't that mean you need paramedic experience? i know in other trades for direct entry you need that trade experience. So if i were to apply for medtech through the ncm-sep route, i would need to have applied to another paramedic school and also go through the program In chilliwack?

You apply for a civvy program, do it, then when you do your QL3, you'd bypass the Chilliwack portion since you're already PCP qualified at that point.

MM

medicineman said:
You apply for a civvy program, do it, then when you do your QL3, you'd bypass the Chilliwack portion since you're already PCP qualified at that point.

MM

Thank you medicineman! So i can apply straight out of highschool and still be accepted but i will have to attend chilliwack is that correct? 

jml247 said:
Thank you medicineman! So i can apply straight out of highschool and still be accepted but i will have to attend chilliwack is that correct? 

If you have an e-mail stating that you can only apply through NCM-SEP, you have to apply to a civilian program, go through that, your BMQ/SQ/QL3 - you can't apply straight out of high school and go to through Chilliwack then.  If they were accepting direct entry, then you'd apply from school, do BMQ/SQ and QL3 to include the PCP phase in Chilliwack.

MM

Back