• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Process

darkheart91

Inactive
Reaction score
omeone help me out here, does everyone wishing to become an officer in the army including reserves need to do a board meeting with more then one officer, i know someone who got in the armored core reserves without having to do one, I am going infantry and I am preparing for my board interview and I was told any officer going into army has to go through one, so how does my friend in armor not have to go through that and I do? thanks

Holy written communication skills batman! 

If your friend who went Armour Corps in the Reserves didn't do it and you have to, then do it.  Why he didn't and you do is irrelevant isn't it?

Focus on what you need to do, including improving how and what you write.

My 2 cents.

darkheart91 said:
omeone help me out here, does everyone wishing to become an officer in the army including reserves need to do a board meeting with more then one officer, i know someone who got in the armored core reserves without having to do one, I am going infantry and I am preparing for my board interview and I was told any officer going into army has to go through one, so how does my friend in armor not have to go through that and I do? thanks

Officer Merit boarding is fairly standard, but not always necessary in the reserve system.  Most units will conduct a board to select officers if they have more candidated than positions, but are don't really have to if there are more positions than candidates... The unit does, however, have to endorse the application before the applicant is merited by the CFRC.  But this may be as simple as a letter from the CO of the unit. 
As far as I know, having recruited 3 officers this year for my regiment, most Reserve Brigades have a merit board policy for Officers; in my units case, we had less applicants than positions on a course but still had to have a merit board for the applicants.  Brigade wanted a form completed for the board and the CFRC just wanted a letter of endorsement from the CO.... So all that may explain why your friend didn't have a board and you have to.

On the matter of how you sort one out; If you haven't been contacted by the units Adjutant Officer yet, contact the Unit Recruiter and inquire about the board, he should contact the Adj and sort out a date for you.  This may take time as they have to find an officer from outside the unit to attend and scheduling can be a problem some times.

Either way, good luck. 

Eye In The Sky said:
Holy written communication skills batman! 

If your friend who went Armour Corps in the Reserves didn't do it and you have to, then do it.  Why he didn't and you do is irrelevant isn't it?

Focus on what you need to do, including improving how and what you write.

My 2 cents.

Good points.  I don't think I would want my officer to be illiterate, especially when my subordinates hold Masters Degrees. 

Back