• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Questions

I

Ian

Hello everybody,

I‘m new to this forum, I was just reading it over and found it really interesting. Just a civilian tho with a few questions (next year is my final year of high school).

I hope these questions haven‘t already been asked or are blatently obvious somewhere. :)

1) For the physical test, what is the step test? or is it the beep test? just kinda curious :)

2) Why the ‘20-50‘ percent faliure rate at basic training? (saw the figure on an article on the dnd webpage) Seemed pretty high to me for a basic course, considering the expenses recruiting seemingly puts forth..

Thanks a lot for your time, this is a really great site!

:cdn:

Hey
Don‘t mine the PT test, if your not a fat lazy lard
*** . You can pass, I think most fail because its the life style you yng people have. I joined in 79 went to a recuit school CFB Cornwallis, NS. Spend 13 weeks there. Now recuit training is down to 6.
Remember no guts no glory.
Sgt D, Royal Canadian Dragoons. Cfb Petawawa

Thanks,
I‘m pretty fit so I won‘t worry then. Can‘t argue with the lifestyle thing tho; big reason I want to do somethin else with my life. Seems like most people thought their training was a joke.. (just from readin postings)

The reg force recruit school‘s only 6 weeks long?? Do they make up for the difference by having a longer/better infantry school?

On a sidenote I saw the videos of the US Army‘s basic training; looked more like a summer camp (and not even a hard one). The Full Metal Jacket experience just doesn‘t exist eh? ;)

Hey
yes its only 6 weeks and no its not made up in trades training. Due to the be nice not better way you get what you put in.
Sgt D, Royal Canadian Dragoons

Thanks sgt; wouldn‘t have learned any of that from anything official. If I go in I‘ll go with that attitude.

Just for your info, I believe the reserve Army brt is 6 weeks. The reg force is 10 (Soon to be 14) in St. Jean. But, that doesn‘t negate the fact that it‘s still stupid easy. Just really long, and boring, and tedious, etc, etc.

DNR,
The Reserve BRT is only 16 DAYS long. The entire QL2/3 wonder course is 6 weeks long....

the reserve QL2/3 is supposed to run for almost 3 months this summer, from what I hear from my recruiter (heh heh heh)... (the BSQ / MQ (not sure if those are the correct acronyms) itself is supposed to be 40 days)

and it‘s long, boring, tedious? My reserve buddies tell me it was a lot of fun...

:mg:

Back