• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

recruiting reserves ontario

xer0

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am interested in joining the reserves in the greater toronto area for infantry and I think I need some help.  I did some searching and read hours of posts and I really think this forum is an awesome resource for people to have.  I was not able to find any information on this topic, so here it goes.  As I understand to join the reserves you are supposed to contact the armories directly on the night they do parade.  I have tried to contact numerous armories to join infantry and have had little luck getting anyone to answer the phone even when calling every half hour.  I have taken to going in person but it has been difficult travelling around so much after work. Does anyone have any advice for me? I feel like I am doing something incorrectly...

Like CDN Avaitor says, reserve units are mostly closed down until September.

What you CAN do in the mean time is;

1. Lose weight, get in shape. Start running and hit the gym.
2. Get a transcript of your highshool credits.
3. Get 4 character references about you from non-family members.
4. Write down the last addresses you lived at going back 5 or 10 years.
5. Keep reading the forums. If you have questions do a search for them. If you can't find the answer ask.

ObedientiaZelum said:
5. Keep reading the forums. If you have questions do a search for them. If you can't find the answer ask A RECRUITER AT A CFRC

Fixed that.

Thank you everyone for your responses, now this makes more sense to me I wasnt aware the units were mostly shut down.  This piece of information was very useful.  I am actually thankful for the time before processing as it will give me time to work out and prepare. 

I have my highschool transcript but I am having a difficult time getting my college one.  I have 5 references who have known me for the past 5 years written on the form that I downloaded from one of the armories websites. I did not know that you need to write down your addresses for the past 5 years I will do this.

Everyone I have encountered so far has been polite and helpful I really appreciate it and I hope I have a chance to get in.

Hatchet Man said:
Fixed that.

Thanks hun, but if this guy has a question about a post he seen on army.ca he's supposed to call the CRFC and ask them about it? Well actually I mean go in in person because they don't answer phones.

Sorry, I thought you were not supposed to contact the cfrc regarding the reserves based on their website.  As I said I did go in person, there is only 1 day a week for most of the armories and it takes time to travel to all of them so before I continued I wanted to know if I was doing something wrong or missing something.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Thanks hun, but if this guy has a question about a post he seen on army.ca he's supposed to call the CRFC and ask them about it? Well actually I mean go in in person because they don't answer phones.

If he has a question about recruiting then yes contacting the people who actually work in recruiting, would be a better option then getting misinformation and guesses from other applicants.

Hatchet Man said:
If he has a question about recruiting then yes contacting the people who actually work in recruiting, would be a better option then getting misinformation and guesses from other applicants.

I'm of the opinion that this site, specifically the recruiting threads, can (quickly) answer many questions potential members have which may be seen as a waste of time to the swamped cfrc's.

Not all questions can be answered here nor always accurately, but telling everyone to simply contact a recruiter isn't always the most economical approach.  They key is identifying questions which SHOULD be sent their way.

ObedientiaZelum said:
I'm of the opinion that this site, specifically the recruiting threads, can (quickly) answer many questions potential members have which may be seen as a waste of time to the swamped cfrc's.

Not all questions can be answered here nor always accurately, but telling everyone to simply contact a recruiter isn't always the most economical approach.  They key is identifying questions which SHOULD be sent their way.

True.

Back