• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remembrance Day Trip

Cliff

Inactive
Reaction score
I would like to plan a cycling trip from upstate New York to Washington, DC., to acknowledge the  alliances that many Cdn vets forged with our American friends. Additionally, to let Americans know that many of us who served in the CF, support our friends to the south, despite the idiots running things today.   

If you're in reasonably good physical condition, have cycled before, then send me a PM if you're interested in riding with me in November. We'll work out the details. Basically, you'll need a road bike in excellent condition, with a wider touring tread, and plan on travelling light. If you can cycle 75-100 miles a week, you should be able to do it. It's also a great way to get in shape. Not being the tourist season, and with the colder weather, evening stopovers shouldn't be to hard to make.

If you're a former member of the CF, then I would like to hear from you.  But assuming noone wants to get in the saddle ;) I still plan on going ahead with it, if I can hook up with at least one American rider.   

Regards.

Love your idea - I'm not CF or former CF - just a supporter and avid cyclist.  I am interested and would love to hear more of your plans though. How long are you planning for this trip, details, etc.

Thanks,
Merlane

The objective is to travel to Washington, DC and visit the Nat WW2 monument that opened in 2004.

If I can get one Canadian onboard, I would depart from Albany, NY at the beginning of Nov. Assuming, noone is interested, there's a possibility that I might still go ahead with it. If so, I will post my journey, when I can access a computer. We'll see what develops.

Back