• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves Taking Reg Force Spots on ROTO

• Thread starter Thread starter Heathan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heathan

Just wonder how many may feel about walking around their unit and seeing the spots filled by reservists who look like, the old age home has been emptied out or some high school is missing a graduating class, at the cost to members who want to be overseas with their own unit. Side note...funny to see same said reservists coming to unit deploying demanding respect for rank..What happend to "Mouth Shut Head Down". Dont get me wrong I respect the commitment of the student/Single Mom who feels that they need to step up...but at what point do we allow this to take away from our own FULL TIME commitment and make us secondary on an ORBAT to a PT soldier

Are you a complete idiot? Or just a partial one who's brain slipped it's filter.

Just asking.

No need to quote your entire rant above... I guess you answered my question though.

Heathan said:
Just wonder how many may feel about walking around their unit and seeing the spots filled by reservists who look like, the old age home has been emptied out or some high school is missing a graduating class, at the cost to members who want to be overseas with their own unit. Side note...funny to see same said reservists coming to unit deploying demanding respect for rank..What happend to "Mouth Shut Head Down". Dont get me wrong I respect the commitment of the student/Single Mom who feels that they need to step up...but at what point do we allow this to take away from our own FULL TIME commitment and make us secondary on an ORBAT to a PT soldier

Not that you're biased or anything...... ::)

Oh. This again.

Reservists don't ASK for the spots. The spots are UNFILLED and the "real army" asks for augmentees from the reserves. Every once in awhile when I think this mentality is going away, it pops up it's head again. Fortunately, I haven't seen much, if any of this attitude for quite some time. Many of the courses reservists take now, are both reg/reserve courses, with the same material and TP's taught. There are some courses that are vastly different, but that's hardly the reserve soldier's fault.

Signed,

A Reservist - who apparently took up a couple of spots on missions meant only for the reg force.

::)

Though, I might add... It has been my expereince that those that choose to ride that Reg F vs PRes hobby horse, are usually complete and utter junk for soldiers. Regardless of which side of the fence they sit on.

I am done here. Time to go cool my heels.

I dont assume to know your situation..nor to I assume you to understand what I ask....I am stating what I hear in our lines everyday...thats all...I ask what people think of this and thats all...so to ask if I have slipped my filter is odd because you have not answered what I have originally asked.

Heathan said:
I dont assume to know your situation..nor to I assume you to understand what I ask....I am stating what I hear in our lines everyday...thats all...I ask what people think of this and thats all...so to ask if I have slipped my filter is odd because you have not answered what I have originally asked.

You can do a search and find out. Someone as smart as you shouldn't have any trouble doing that. BTW, you can take your anti Reserve bias somewhere else.

Locked (again)

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back