• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves to Regular

• Thread starter Thread starter RyGuy009
  • Start date Start date
R

RyGuy009

Hello
I'm currently 18, in college doing HS upgrading and am currently going through the application process. I applied to the Armored Reserves here in Calgary, and I have only my PT test (on Jan. 22nd) then I should be getting my job offer in the mail. I got accepted to University of Lethbridge under their computer science program for September 2009. I want to get my degree and one day become an officer in the CF, hopefully reapply and get accepted under ROTP Pilot, but thats a whole different story.
Anyways, I have been looking at my options for next year. The route that i have been looking at is maybe switching to the Regular Force under Armored, doing my full qualification after basic this summer, and hopefully have a chance to go on deployment, then start Uni after I get back, which looks like to be a few years down the road.
Any thoughts, tips, advice, or just words of wisdom is always appreciated.
Thanks!  :warstory:

- Don't plan on being fully qualified after this summer. Reserve or regular force.

- You'll have to serve out your initial engagement before you can release and go to school full time. If you want DND to pay for it, once you are a reg force NCM you'll be applying for the UTPNCM stream, not the ROTP stream and that entails a different set of requirements (i.e. I believe you need some uni credits already before you apply).

- You may not get a deployment within your IE, there are lots of armoured troops (from what I've heard) chomping at the bit to deploy.

Back