• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RFRG - How long should it take?

Sigop2004

Inactive
Reaction score
After waiting 2+ years for a component transfer I finally transferred into the regular force on 15 Nov 05. I had 17 years in the reserve so I was entitled to the RFRG. All of the paperwork was done and HAND DELEIVERED by myself to the HQ where it was gone over again in my presence on 15 Nov 05 as part of my out clearance. My question is this , Should the paperwork have taken until 17 Feb 06 to get to D Mil Pay ? Also how long has anyone else waited for actual payment? I received a letter signed by a Major at DMCARM- 4 dated 20 Feb 06 stating that my application was received on 17 Feb 06 and the auditor authorized payment on 20 Feb 06. This letter also has a 1-800 number to call for further info (which I have called). When I call I get the same person every time and get told a different date to expect payment.

If anyone out there has any experience with the RFRG benefit please respond with any info you may have. I have just recently met someone that it took 5 weeks from start to finish to get the RFRG.

Than you in advance
:brickwall:

RFRG payment has always been slow in coming.

I know of twp pers who are still fighting for theirs 4 yrs after release........paperwork was lost and then incorrectly administered etc.

To help it along, go here  http://www.ombudsman.forces.gc.ca/complaints/main_e.asp

The Ombudsman surprisingly has a lot of clout!

SigOp:  No, it should not have taken 3 months for the file to go from your unit HQ to D Mil Pay.  Per DAOD 5001-1, the unit orderly room::
  • verifies the information and forwards the member’s application and unit personnel file to National Defence Headquarters (NDHQ)/DMCARM (RFRG Auditor); and
  • where required, advises parent Reserve Headquarters (HQ) of file submission.

I do not know if Comm Res HQ insists on all files flowing from Unit to Comm Gp to Comm Res HQ and then to D Mil Pay.  But the process is intended to see your file go directly from the unit to D Mil Pay to reduce delays.

As for the delay in receiving payment, I don't know why that occurred.  You may think about asking for something in writing from D Mil Pay - "The deposit will be made on date xxx".

Well,

I would first walk into your BOR, and request dates and timings. Have them commit.

Second, as quoted by DCSA 4 transition services team ;

Consult your Release Cell, visit the  TAP Web site, e-mail, or telephone the DCSA 4 transition services team at 1-800-883-6094 for more information about this trial program.

Visit The Centre and/or click on Ready for Release for information about other services available to releasing and former CF members.

Don't get railroaded, by a lazy member of you regiment.  Read up, and know your entitlements.

I have been fighting four years plus, and the excuses piled up.  Finally things are moving and I am passing on this information to ease things for you.

dileas

tess

Back